1915 9 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruudbloemhof
lvl.1
Flight distance : 304068 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

I have been having an issue with the RTH function on my DJI Spark.
Eventhough the function is set to kick in at 20%, I keep getting a warning to return the spark home due to low battery life at 60%.
I have multiple batteries and the same issue occurs with all of them.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Ruud
2019-4-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Ruud,

Mayby your flightlog will tell more, so if you like upload a log in wich it happend.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2019-4-3
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

It could be when you fly in one direction and reach a limit of distance where you still have ability and time to return even through hard contrary wind.
But JJB is right, logs can tell us more.
2019-4-3
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

The 20% you have set is for the Low Battery Warning only.  The automatic RTH occurs based on distance from home point...what the drone perceives as a minimum  (with small reserve) to get back to the home point.  Remember this is a NO WIND computation and it might not make it back if going into a strong headwind...critical if flying over water.  The automatic RTH point is marked by an H on the battery time line.  When the auto RTH triggers you have 10 seconds to cancel.  Once you cancel you can fly back manuallly.  When it gets to Critical Low Battery (10%) it will attempt to land where it is but you can override with manual controls...as soon as you come off the controls it will try to land where it is so you constantly have to keep a climbing input to counter the Critical Low Battery landing input and keep input moving toward the home point.  Remember, if auto RTH triggers and you are inside of 20 meters it will land where it is unless you previously setup/selected RTH at Current Altitude in the Menu.  Again, you can override the landing...see above.
2019-4-3
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

How high and how far do you fly? RTH function activates when earlier when you fly very high and very far.
2019-4-5
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

How high and how far do you fly? RTH function activates when earlier when you fly very high and very far.
2019-4-5
Use props
fans498ba220
lvl.1
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 4-3 06:18
Hi Ruud,

Mayby your flightlog will tell more, so if you like upload a log in wich it happend.

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the suggestion.

I have a flight record here where I get the message at 63%, granted, there is a strong wind and it is in sports mode but the aircraft is not that far out and I returned home easily with over 40% battery life left.

flight record here: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/GDPWD6XIBPIMBWH8XM60/

Cheers
2019-5-23
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

fans498ba220 Posted at 5-23 08:15

I have a flight record here where I get the message at 63%, granted, there is a strong wind and it is in sports mode but the aircraft is not that far out and I returned home easily with over 40% battery life left.

RTH Altitude set to 500m?
You mingling around altitude 100m/300ft ++
RTH activated because it needed to ascend to 500m, go to homepoint, then descend down.

Adjust RTH height to 120m or less
2019-5-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans498ba220 Posted at 5-23 08:15

Hi,

yep, not a good idea to set RTH height at 500 meter! ( Haggi already explained)

In graphical vieuw, see this.

RTH time in seconds at start almost 400 seconds!
When SmartBattery gave a warning; estimated 6 minutes needed to land (climb from 110 to 500 meters, fly home, than landing.....)
6 times avg 7,4% batt usage per minute = approx. 45%. Batt level at warning 63%. DJI did a good job.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-5-23
Use props
fans498ba220
lvl.1
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 5-23 10:08
Hi,

yep, not a good idea to set RTH height at 500 meter! ( Haggi already explained)

Ah that makes perfect sense don't remember setting the rth to such a ridiculous height though, anyway, cheers guys!
2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules