Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nikon z7 or z6 with ronin-s - hdmi output problems
3546 14 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cupsandpills
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28547 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am operating my Nikon z7 on a Ronin-S.  When I connect via USB the focus works fine, but I cannot connect my monitor via HDMI at the same time. It loses picture. If i pull the usb visual comes back. when i reconnect usb i lose visual. Firmwares all up to date, have tried different monitors and cables.  Waiting on Nikon tech support to see if there is a work around - anyone on here know about anything to have a USB and HDMI connected simultaneously?
2019-4-3
Use props
TiLu
lvl.1
Germany

I have the same problem and urgently expect a solution.
today i spent half a day solving the problem without success.
2019-4-3
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The issue will be addressed in the next firmware update: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D531%26typeid%3D531
2019-4-3
Use props
cupsandpills
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

<3 thanks for this update.  Dying here not able to use control AND monitor at the same time, buying the ronin-s focus motor in the meantime to atleast pull focus in the meantime.
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi cupsandpills, sorry to know your Nikon Z7 has the same problem, could you please share us a short video of the issue with the camera model included so that we can forward to our engineer for further verification? Thank you in advance.
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TiLu Posted at 4-3 11:42
I have the same problem and urgently expect a solution.
today i spent half a day solving the problem without success.

Hi TiLu, may I verify you are referring to Nikon Z6 or Z7?
2019-4-9
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Hi Mindy, this is just a quick recap of the similar threads about this very important issue:

v1.8.0.70 Nikin Z6 External Recorder Issue: https://forum.dji.com/thread-183788-1-3.html
Ronin-S and Nikon Z6 compatibility: https://forum.dji.com/thread-177583-1-2.html
Nikon Z 6 now compatible: https://forum.dji.com/thread-183789-1-3.html

As said, to reproduce the issue just switch the selector from photo to video, nothing more, nothing less, and the external monitor/recorder goes blank. If you unplug the usb cable that connects the Ronin-S to the Z6/Z7, of course the monitor starts to work again but we can't take advantage of the external recording, log format, focus peaking (A MUST for manual focus videomakers), zebra, false colors, waveform and so on. Basically, the Ronin-S is at the moment quite useless for those that need an external monitor/recorder in order to make their job done properly, for example, I have a big event to film at the end of the month, so I really hope you guys can fix this issue in time. Thanks in advance for your effort.
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kerberos Posted at 4-9 02:46
Hi Mindy, this is just a quick recap of the similar threads about this very important issue:

v1.8.0.70 Nikin Z6 External Recorder Issue: https://forum.dji.com/thread-183788-1-3.html

Hi kerberos, for Nikon Z6, we have reproduced the issue and will get it optimized via the firmware update, but not the Nikon Z7 at this moment, therefore, we need a short video for further test and verification.
2019-4-9
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-9 03:06
Hi kerberos, for Nikon Z6, we have reproduced the issue and will get it optimized via the firmware update, but not the Nikon Z7 at this moment, therefore, we need a short video for further test and verification.

Thanks for the quick reply and good luck for the Z7 issue.
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kerberos Posted at 4-9 03:13
Thanks for the quick reply and good luck for the Z7 issue.

Thank you, we will do our best to figure it out.
2019-4-9
Use props
nonotB
New

United States

Wanted to say I'm having the same problem here. Can't have USB from Ronin-S and HDMI out going at the same time. If USB-C is plugged into Z7, then there is no HDMI out when in Video mode unless I unplug the usb-c Cable. Still get HDMI out when in photo mode or navigating the menu system.

Firmware versions:
Ronin-S: 1.8.0.70
Z7: 2.0
2019-5-24
Use props
fansf027278b
lvl.1
United States

Any estimate when the new firmware will come out to support the z6 with a monitor recorder?
2019-7-17
Use props
fans00f102af
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294180 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-4-9 03:15

Did anyone discover a solution for this? Can anyone confirm whether the Z6 now works with USB control and also HDMI out at the same time? Was there a firm aware update? Struggling to find any solid info in the forums. Lots of people complaining of the issue but no one confirming whether it was fixed - looking to buy a Z6 and Ronin S soon with Ninja V.
2020-5-11
Use props
fulllockmedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans00f102af Posted at 5-11 09:59
Did anyone discover a solution for this? Can anyone confirm whether the Z6 now works with USB control and also HDMI out at the same time? Was there a firm aware update? Struggling to find any solid info in the forums. Lots of people complaining of the issue but no one confirming whether it was fixed - looking to buy a Z6 and Ronin S soon with Ninja V.

Last I checked, There is no solution for this yet.  I did find on another post that someone said this works now, but have yet to try it, post seems vague like they aren't really understanding the problem.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=194503
2020-9-30
Use props
fulllockmedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-4-9 03:15

One and a half years Later Mindy --- whats the status?
2020-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules