Is this a crack?
1200 24 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365049 ft
Greece

Hi everyone, greetings from Greece! I need your help...I have a Phantom 4 Pro almost two years and I really take care of it. My last flight was the last October, all these months my bird was inside the original case which came with, except the times I checked the battery levels since I would like to keep the recommended storage status as instructed. Today I made the same, opened the case and after all I cleaned it with a dry cloth and I saw this mark on the back of the right landing gear. Is this a crack? I didn't see anything like that the last time i opened my case. Is this came from the gimbal clutch since is too tight? Should I do something for that? Maybe use some epoxy glue yo prevent the worse? I never had a crash and always use the auto landing function. Thank you for your time...Keep flying...!
2019-04-03 22.37.05.jpg
2019-4-3
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

IF it is, it's the smallest one I've seen.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. If there will be damage to the drone, we would recommend sending the unit into our facility for them to fix it for you as this may worsen in the future flight. You may contact our support via the link below. For additional information, sending the unit into our facility may charge for the repair as the drone is no longer covered by the warranty. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-4-3
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Greece

Actually is not that big... I barely can touch it with my nail...Thank you both of you for taking the time to answer my thread. I just wanted to know how this came from since I didn't fly from the last October? Maybe the temperature or humidity cause this?
2019-4-3
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Greece

2019-4-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have  quite a few on my landing gear, some say that its caused by hand catching, i say its not, cracks are in the wrong place, some say its down to heavy landing, i say its not applicable.
I have the Manfrotto D1 rucksack and its very highly likely  that is the cause, its puts a lot of stress on the legs when the bag is brimming :/
2019-4-3
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Greece

Hi there! Do you think that the original case caused that? I really take care of my Phantom, I'm checking all the time for cracks or anything and I'm sure that if something happened before one month I would noticed. Do you think that I should do something for that? It's not that big to sent it for repair...Thanks for your quick reply my friend!
2019-4-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If it requires a magnifying glass to even barely see it. Probably not worth the while of worry...

Just fly the drone more, and fret less..  

RedHotPoker
2019-4-3
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Greece

Thanks for your advise Red Hot Poker, I'll keep in mind! Maybe I'm worry too much and I'm losing precious time. Better keep flying...! Thanks for your time...!
2019-4-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Really a tiny crack
2019-4-4
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

Best wey to check is that is crack.
It is to use permament marker black or red, ethanol/methanol alcohol and hygienic tissue (DO NOT USE acethone or MEK).
Paint over suspected area then in short time wipe it with tissue soaked with alcohol (it should be wet well) until you not see marker color. Then just blow on it and let to evaporate, if that is scratch there will bo no sign of color if it is crack it will appear along crack shape.
2019-4-4
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Well it sure as hell isn't the motor arm cracks that seem to plague some of the P4P's

2019-4-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

GUSPMETAL Posted at 4-3 23:37
Thanks for your advise Red Hot Poker, I'll keep in mind! Maybe I'm worry too much and I'm losing precious time. Better keep flying...! Thanks for your time...!

We should spend our attention on those things which are most important.  
Yes, our models mean much to us, but a tiny split such as this, has no meaning. Truly.

Good that you are proactive though. Keeping your respect where it’s due.

RedHotPoker
2019-4-4
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Greece

Thank you all for taking the time to answer. P3koyot thanks for the tip mate! Manxmann that's true it could be worse if it was below the engines mount...It's just strange how this happened...The most of the time I'm landing on grass...
2019-4-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks more like a scratch to me
2019-4-4
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Greece

A J Posted at 4-4 03:00

Thanks AJ, propably I "earned" it last October when I landed on the grass and scratched from a small wood or something...
2019-4-4
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Greece

A J Posted at 4-4 03:00
2019-4-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GUSPMETAL Posted at 4-4 05:26
Thanks AJ, propably I "earned" it last October when I landed on the grass and scratched from a small wood or something...

Just an observation on my part - though I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to split
2019-4-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Sure, keep your eye on it, occasionally, but don’t let it get you down. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2019-4-4
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Greece

RedHotPoker Posted at 4-4 10:04
Sure, keep your eye on it, occasionally, but don’t let it get you down. ;-)

Thanks a lot Red Hot Poker! Take care and keep flying mate...!
2019-4-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

GUSPMETAL Posted at 4-4 13:07
Thanks a lot Red Hot Poker! Take care and keep flying mate...!

Looking forward to your awesome pics and delightful videos now. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2019-4-4
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Greece

RedHotPoker Posted at 4-4 14:21
Looking forward to your awesome pics and delightful videos now. ;-)

https://youtu.be/XSTfkUbhsLU

https://youtu.be/MgvMxnwE8yc

2019-4-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Do you wish to imbed your videos, it’s easy?

First tap Advanced. Now the small black video camera icon Is ready to imbed the video.
Paste the YouTube or Vimeo address into the box, and post it up.

Unlike some forums, we’re allowed to post more than one solo video per post.

RedHotPoker

2019-4-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

What can I say, but “Bravo”!!

Really beautifully captured scenery, and delightful music. Both videos are very pleasing.
That lovely guitar playing in the first presentation, brings back fond memories of the Jessie Cook concert.

Thanks a lot for participating on the forum.

RedHotPoker

2019-4-4
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Greece

Thanks RedHotPoker!
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now