Restricted Zone
937 4 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans179441fc
lvl.1
United States

Did DJI update or change their no-fly zone restrictions? I haven't flown my drone in a few months. I just took it out to start it up in my apartment so I could look over the controls as I plan to fly it in the next week or so. It begins to motorize, but then abruptly shuts off and a no-fly zone notification pops up on my screen.

Can someone shed some light on this? Is there anyway around it?
2019-4-3
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

No fly zone updates are regularly issued.

Quite a few folks have been caught out by it. Before doing anything check where the no fly area originates from ie. are you actually living near an active airport/military base etc, have laws changed in your state or is it, for example, a disused old airfield?

If it is the former, you live with it and take your drone away from the area even just for updating, especially for flying.  In case of the latter it could just be an over zealous NFR by DJI. Ask if you can have it permanently removed.

All failing there is NLD (Google it). The release of NLD for M2's is imminent. I wouldn't recommend it for most but may solve your issue.
2019-4-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The first thing I would suggest is to go to DJI's FlySafe website to learn about how their system works and then check out their map for your area to get a better understanding of where you are in relation to DJI's system.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe

Without knowing where you actually live, my guess would be that you more than likely either in an authorization zone or an altitude zone.  Either way, these are super easy to be able to do a self-unlock and get up and flying in no time.

If you'd like us to provide some assistance, give us the general area (i.e. city) you live in/near and then we can discuss it at a more specific level.

Cheers!

2019-4-4
Use props
elberti
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3985561 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Actually, it is more than natural these zones to be updated, and my guess is this is to become even stricter in the upcoming years.
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that about the trouble. Please try to check the location where you want to fly your drone if it is included on the NFZ lists. I will be posting a link where in you will be able to unlock a NFZ. In addition if you are having issues unlocking a certain location. Please email our flysafe team at flysafe@dji.com for us to help you further. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules