Charging case available to buy, anyone tempted?
1819 35 2019-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0b3fdf89
lvl.2

France

https://store.dji.com/fr/product/osmo-pocket-charging-case

129€!
2019-4-4
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

Added it to the shopping cart, but saw this "add 20€ to your cart to qualify for free shipping".
Shipping is € 24,03

No.. Not interested anymore.

2019-4-4
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So little real information on it hard to justify the high cost.  eg Does it take the rotary wheel? If not then it's useless to me just like the originally provided case is.
2019-4-4
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Laughing ... for Rockefellers only! My powergrip (3100 mAh - not weak & pitiful 1500 mAh) is € 16 - free shipping!
1a for holding, power while in use.

fits in a € 0.96 glasses case
2019-4-4
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

Tempted, but a little more expensive than I expected.
It's also £4 short of free delivery
2019-4-4
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

With all my (Chinese) dealers FREE DELIVERY is ALWAYS € 0.0000000000000000 !
2019-4-4
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

DJI have lost their mind. WAY too expensive!
2019-4-4
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where is the damn waterproof housing???!!!!!!!!!!!  Jeez.
2019-4-4
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

Not for €129 (plus shipping on top). No thanks. That Powergrip posted above though looks like a great solution though.

@BeterBan Is it available on Wish, or any other seller that handles EU tax/import fees?
2019-4-4
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I seriously don't get this product.  It doesn't fit in my pants and cannot use the OP while charging.  A cheap $5 charger can probably do better.  Don't get me wrong, I am a gadgets freak but DJI missed the mark on this one.  
2019-4-4
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I've ordered from aliexpress.com - available for € 16 - € 30. If price is less
than € 22 there are no import fees in EU. DJI price is a late April joke!

Power Bank, even with 4000mAh for €12
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/D ... 8b4-217192f9f941-14

€ 17, free shipping, 4000mAh
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/D ... e9c-07511e2b2998-15

OP charging case, 1500mAh, 116€, free ship.  

WayneMHK Posted at 4-4 06:15
Where is the damn waterproof housing???!!!!!!!!!!!  Jeez

Wait, wait ... after summer (Xmas?) for $ 399      
2019-4-4
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Priced as expected!

Seeing how they treat the audio adapter, there is no way they gonna price this piece of case cheap.
Also, it doesn't have any place to store wireless adapter and wheel controller.

So, yeah, not gonna buy it.
2019-4-4
Use props
HinMa
lvl.2
Hong Kong

StardustGeass Posted at 4-4 06:55
Priced as expected!

Seeing how they treat the audio adapter, there is no way they gonna price this piece of case cheap.

Totally agree !
2019-4-4
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well, I guess I am the only fool in the group. I ordered it immediately and also ordered the PGY universal mount together. I didn't have to pay any shipping.

Why do you guys expect everything to be cheap? This is the strongest case available and it charges your OP at the same time. I don't see it as over priced. I would have been really happy to see it at $99.00, but I'm not complaining at $129.

DJI sells premium products at the appropriate premium price.

I do hope the control wheel fits inside, but if it doesn't, It will be another item in my man bag.
2019-4-4
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Just looking at it, there's no way the control wheel fits inside. I ordered the power bank Beterban recommended. It's simply plug and play. You can record while recharging, I can't say the same for DJI's offering. I just wish the power bank had at least a 1/4" screw hole for mounting.
2019-4-4
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

tripleburst Posted at 4-4 07:38
Just looking at it, there's no way the control wheel fits inside. I ordered the power bank Beterban recommended. It's simply plug and play. You can record while recharging, I can't say the same for DJI's offering. I just wish the power bank had at least a 1/4" screw hole for mounting.

Why would you want a screw hole for a tripod. The Power Case doesn't get used at the same time as the OP. You take it ourt of the case, fully charged and do your shoot. You can of course use any of the accessories to mount to a tripod, or record sound, etc.
2019-4-4
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

TheCameraGuy Posted at 4-4 07:43
Why would you want a screw hole for a tripod. The Power Case doesn't get used at the same time as the OP. You take it ourt of the case, fully charged and do your shoot. You can of course use any of the accessories to mount to a tripod, or record sound, etc.

I thought I was explicit when I said "power bank" in that sentence.
2019-4-4
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

tripleburst Posted at 4-4 08:06
I thought I was explicit when I said "power bank" in that sentence.

Sorry My mistake
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information with us regarding the availability of the DJI Osmo Pocket Charging Case. If you have any inquiries or concern with the said accessory. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-4-4
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

No worries. To be fair, they're both technically power banks. ;)
2019-4-4
Use props
RobCass
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheCameraGuy Posted at 4-4 07:24
Well, I guess I am the only fool in the group. I ordered it immediately and also ordered the PGY universal mount together. I didn't have to pay any shipping.

Why do you guys expect everything to be cheap? This is the strongest case available and it charges your OP at the same time. I don't see it as over priced. I would have been really happy to see it at $99.00, but I'm not complaining at $129.

You are not alone...I just bought it as well. Not perfect, but I can use my spare power bank to always be charging the case even when filming and then charge the OP when not filming. I know the OP can shoot and charge at the same time, but this removes the USB-C tethering while filming.
I am thinking I will get over four hours of 4K for the times I want to go gear light.
It is a bit pricey, but seeing what they are getting for the audio adapter, it fell about where I thought it would.
2019-4-4
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

RobCass Posted at 4-4 08:29
You are not alone...I just bought it as well. Not perfect, but I can use my spare power bank to always be charging the case even when filming and then charge the OP when not filming. I know the OP can shoot and charge at the same time, but this removes the USB-C tethering while filming.
I am thinking I will get over four hours of 4K for the times I want to go gear light.
It is a bit pricey, but seeing what they are getting for the audio adapter, it fell about where I thought it would.

Are you saying the OP and the Lowercase together will power the OP for 4 hours, or does this include a power bank of some sort.

I have a TP Link portable battery charger - about the size of the OP in it's case that has 21,300 watts. How much time can I record?
2019-4-4
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

TheCameraGuy Posted at 4-4 08:53
Are you saying the OP and the Lowercase together will power the OP for 4 hours, or does this include a power bank of some sort.

I have a TP Link portable battery charger - about the size of the OP in it's case that has 21,300 watts. How much time can I record?

20kW, impressive!

21300 mAH, is more like it.
2019-4-4
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

@BeterBan Cheers!
2019-4-4
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

lummox Posted at 4-4 09:43
20kW, impressive!

21300 mAH, is more like it.

I, uh, might have meant that.

Thanks for the correction
2019-4-4
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

I understand the convenience ,but Osmo Pocket weighs about 116grams and case weighs 169 gram.Whole point of Pocket is defeated .If I need to a carry bag seperately then I can definitely carry a multiuse powerbank + usb c cable.

2019-4-4
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

http://www.feiyu-tech.com/powerbank/#

this powerbank handle makes more sense.
2019-4-4
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

To be honest, I cannot say that I am not interested at all....
The case itself looks gorgeous, and the mechanism makes it so tempting.
I really do like it.

But, I have to say no, since it cost more than third of my monthly payment (yes, I'm on 3rd world country).

2019-4-4
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Unlikely at that price
2019-4-4
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Stuge234 Posted at 4-4 14:41
I understand the convenience ,but Osmo Pocket weighs about 116grams and case weighs 169 gram.Whole point of Pocket is defeated .If I need to a carry bag seperately then I can definitely carry a multiuse powerbank + usb c cable.

2019-4-4
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Anyone tempted to buy the charging case and compares it to a power bank, no, you're wrong.
Power bank have a lot more versatility, especially since it enables you to charge the OP while you're using it. Charging case only makes sure you don't go somewhere and get disappointed because your OP batery is low (except you forgot to charge the case as well).

I recommend just use the case DJI provides on OP, then get a power bank.
2019-4-4
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I was interested but price is too high

I compare this to similar products. Plantronics Voyager 5200 with charching case where case always keeps handsfree charged. When it was released Handsfree costed 125€ and charching case 25 euros. Both are premium quality products.

So DJI charching case 129 euros.

Ofc it is not the same product but the price about charching case...

https://www.plantronics.com/fi/fi/product/voyager-5200-uc
2019-4-4
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

BeterBan Posted at 4-4 06:48
I've ordered from aliexpress.com - available for € 16 - € 30. If price is less
than € 22 there are no import fees in EU. DJI price is a late April joke!

I looked at this charger - Looks good - My only thoughts were it looks like you cannot charge it with USB-C.  Looks like an old style port to recharge it - Let us know when u get it
2019-4-4
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Of course these OP chargers have USB C

2019-4-5
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

The reason I am not bashing this product as much as I did on the audio adapter, is because this one is a niche product.

If audio adapter is quite important for those that want a better audio quality, the charging case on the other hand just provides a good-looking case with mouth watering niches. How many times in your life have you seen a charging case with a sliding mechanism? Also with a blinking green light.

My point is, you won't lose anything if you don't buy this product. Other than the chances to show off the 150$ case to your jealous neighbor, of course.
2019-4-5
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I am very satisfied with my power grip, it's a nice grip for better hold.
Price for DJI power case is an effrontery, but - hehe - nobody is forced to buy it   

2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules