Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warning Messages
1456 13 2019-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a link to my Airdata logs for a recent flight.

Very confussed as to how I could loose GPS and get obstical avoidance warnings in an open field

Also, reeived a warning that at 86% my battery had reached it's limit?

What does all of this mean?

Airdata Link
2019-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Obstacle avoidance in open air is usually the sun.
Your Phantom knew there was a GPS problem and advised you of this at 1:35.8
2019-4-4
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

Labroides Posted at 4-4 08:55
Obstacle avoidance in open air is usually the sun.
Your Phantom knew there was a GPS problem and advised you of this at 1:35.8

Good call on the sun, that has happened to me multiple times.
Also, at 1:35.8 it reports that you changed from p-gps to atti then  back to p-gps at 1:36.1, maybe this caused you gps loss, I don't usually fly in atti mode so I'm not familiar with it
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TheLazyC. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. The VPS may not work well in the below situations. Please keep the sensors clean and change to another open place with enough light to verify. I will be posting a list on how to operate the drone with great caution in the following situations. Thank you.

2019-4-4
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-4 11:42
Hello and good day TheLazyC. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. The VPS may not work well in the below situations. Please keep the sensors clean and change to another open place with enough light to verify. I will be posting a list on how to operate the drone with great caution in the following situations. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks, but that doesn't tell me anything. This is brand new with only a couple of hours and it is spotless.
2019-4-4
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-4 11:42
Hello and good day TheLazyC. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. The VPS may not work well in the below situations. Please keep the sensors clean and change to another open place with enough light to verify. I will be posting a list on how to operate the drone with great caution in the following situations. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks, but that doesn't tell me anything. This is brand new with only a couple of hours and it is spotless.
2019-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ChavaLozVi Posted at 4-4 09:49
Good call on the sun, that has happened to me multiple times.
Also, at 1:35.8 it reports that you changed from p-gps to atti then  back to p-gps at 1:36.1, maybe this caused you gps loss, I don't usually fly in atti mode so I'm not familiar with it

He did not switch to atti mode.
He has two periods from 1:24.5 - 1:43.7 and 2:14.7 - 2:36.7 when despite having plenty of satellites, the flight controller suspected the GPS data was incorrect and dropped GPS health  (which should be 5 down to 1 or zero and warned about this.
There were also short periods where the satelllite numbers dropped to 5.
2019-4-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I love the level of awareness these drones possess..

RedHotPoker
2019-4-4
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I am intrigued about Obstacle Avoidance and the Sun  - - - - was going to be facetious but thought better of it !
Would be interested to hear the explanation though.

2019-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The bright light, messes the sensitive sensors up...

RedHotPoker
2019-4-5
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 4-5 02:46
The bright light, messes the sensitive sensors up...

Now that makes more sense!!!

It was late in the afternoon with a setting sun.
2019-4-5
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

TheLazyC Posted at 4-5 04:18

To me it has happened in the periods where the sun is low in my area around 9 am to around 10:30 am and late afternoon 6 to 7 pm. Sensors are really sensitive, what can also make them alert you is if they detect a flying insect, which the props take care of fairly quickly and efficiently.
But getting around to your loss of GPS, I have experienced loss of GPS with no explanation whatsoever, flying in an open field, with buidings behind me and my P4P, in my case it's one of "those things" that just work themselves out, and it happened after purchase. Best of luck with this problem I'm really interested in seeing a solution for it
2019-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TheLazyC Posted at 4-5 04:18

I hope you can find a pair of drone sunglasses, or shades. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-4-5
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

ChavaLozVi Posted at 4-5 06:59
To me it has happened in the periods where the sun is low in my area around 9 am to around 10:30 am and late afternoon 6 to 7 pm. Sensors are really sensitive, what can also make them alert you is if they detect a flying insect, which the props take care of fairly quickly and efficiently.
But getting around to your loss of GPS, I have experienced loss of GPS with no explanation whatsoever, flying in an open field, with buidings behind me and my P4P, in my case it's one of "those things" that just work themselves out, and it happened after purchase. Best of luck with this problem I'm really interested in seeing a solution for it

Its possible that the lost GPS signal is an intermittent connection in the GPS somewhere, maybe the antenna.  Bad component or solder joint maybe.
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules