4K Hyperlapse should be possible.
3057 9 2019-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orrus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213783 ft
United Kingdom

As we all know the Osmo Pocket can produce Hyperlapse and Motionlapse footage at HD quality.

It is also possible to produce 4K Hyperlapses by recording 4K footage and speeding it up in video editing software.

The one major issue I have is that it is not possible (AFAIK) to programme waypoints for regular footage. Which in turn makes it impossible to make 4K Hyperlapses. I'm no expert but it seems like this could be an easy addition to the Osmo Pocket that would allow us OP users to create a vastly improved final product.

Would this be as simple as I imagine, or is there a good reason why this is not possible?

2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Orrus. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with us. Let me please forward this information/tread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.
2019-4-4
Use props
Orrus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213783 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-4 09:56
Hello and good day Orrus. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with us. Let me please forward this information/tread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

Thanks DJI Stephen.

It would be great to hear if this is possible.

I'm surprised the forums aren't awash with people asking for this function. Seems like an easy addition to make the OP a far better product.
2019-4-4
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

Timelapse or motionlapse in 4k would be great.
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Orrus Posted at 4-4 23:58
Thanks DJI Stephen.

It would be great to hear if this is possible.

You are very much welcome Orrus. I have already forwarded this thread to our DJI R&D Team. For the latest news and updates regarding the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application. Please feel free to visit our official website at www.dji.com for the most recent details. Thank for your valued help and support.
2019-4-5
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

I suppose solution wasn’t found, was it?
2019-12-9
Use props
christianbrucki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1847 ft
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-4-4 09:56

Hello do you have any update on that? I saw that 4K Hyperlapse is possible on the Osmo Action, so why not on the Osmo Pocket as well?
2020-2-2
Use props
djiuser_Y7d3mn6xj0Qw
New

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-4-4 09:56

I am also looking forward to this feature. Is there any information if it might be coming?
2020-4-10
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

christianbrucki Posted at 2-2 04:08
Hello do you have any update on that? I saw that 4K Hyperlapse is possible on the Osmo Action, so why not on the Osmo Pocket as well?

Pocket has to deal with much more than action, including gimbal controls and focus. I honestly don't know where the hardware limitations lie; but as inarguably more advanced as Action is with every single function; it still is the far inferior camera.
2020-4-12
Use props
djiuser_Y8ySW7jb0IQB
New
Flight distance : 49524 ft

United States

Hello!

Osmo Pocket is fantastic!

But some new improvements will be so good!

Timelapse and Hyperlapse in 4k  is necessary! We can do this on Osmo Mobile 2, why not in Osmo Pocket??!

And other great feature could be make possibility to do 360 (or similar) videos and photos (like DJI Drones)

Thanks a lot,
2020-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules