Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New frimware V 01.06.00.20 focus improvement test
2561 31 2019-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

V 01.06.00.20 Firmware finally dropped so I went out for focus test.

And...

Lowlight motion time-lapse focus is improved!!!

002.JPG
Before the update

캡처.JPG
After the update

Focus is clear & sharp.
Now I can utilize motion time-lapse in low light situation.

003.JPG
Focus pulse did improve.

004.JPG
Maintaining focus in difficult light situation is impressive.

One can desire a little bit faster focus speed but current stable focus is satisfing enough.
Keep up the good work dji.

2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tide. Thank you for reaching out and for the positive feedback on the new firmware that was released for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos and video as well. Great work and thank you for your valued help and support.
2019-4-4
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice comparison. I agree that the slower to focus is much preferred over the pulsing back and worth. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
2019-4-4
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-4 12:00
Hello and good day Tide. Thank you for reaching out and for the positive feedback on the new firmware that was released for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos and video as well. Great work and thank you for your valued help and support.

As always
2019-4-4
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Wiz33 Posted at 4-4 12:18
Very nice comparison. I agree that the slower to focus is much preferred over the pulsing back and worth. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Thanks for watching
2019-4-5
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Still doesn't fix for me .Having the same issue with motion time-lapse .( day or night)
2019-4-5
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Its a bug for sure since this only happens in Motion Timelapse and doesn't happen in normal timelapse.
2019-4-5
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Excellent review.
I would pay you to get this LUT that you're using... It is not the Normal Mode, isn't it?
2019-4-5
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Stuge234 Posted at 4-5 02:21
Still doesn't fix for me .Having the same issue with motion time-lapse .( day or night)
That was not happen to me even in the previous firmware.
Daylight motion-lapse focus was fine for me. I only had trouble with lowlight motion-lapse focus.
If you have motion-lapse focus issue even in the good light condition, you might have different bug then I had.
2019-4-5
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

DJDream Posted at 4-5 04:27
Excellent review.
I would pay you to get this LUT that you're using... It is not the Normal Mode, isn't it?

For this review, I used normal mode because my previous comparison footages were shoot in normal mode and wanted to keep the same condition.
I also do not use LUT but manually color grade most of the footage even it was shoot in normal mode.
2019-4-5
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I really prefer the slower focus which give a smoother transitition therefore bring more cinematic looking!
2019-4-5
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Tide Posted at 4-5 07:29
That was not happen to me even in the previous firmware.
Daylight motion-lapse focus was fine for me. I only had trouble with lowlight motion-lapse focus.
If you have motion-lapse focus issue even in the good light condition, you might have different bug then I had.

Quite possible ,Nevertheless its a bug for sure .
2019-4-5
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Tide Posted at 4-5 07:36
For this review, I used normal mode because my previous comparison footages were shoot in normal mode and wanted to keep the same condition.
I also do not use LUT but manually color grade most of the footage even it was shoot in normal mode.

are you able to shoot sharp motion Timelapse of close objects ?
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Tide. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-4-5
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Cool h Posted at 4-5 07:38
I really prefer the slower focus which give a smoother transitition therefore bring more cinematic looking!

Yeah slow focus shift gives creamy look to the video.
2019-4-5
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing, great test
2019-4-5
Use props
eldeegee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166877 ft
Netherlands

Its really good. This FW update finally made me buy the OP.
2019-4-6
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Stuge234 Posted at 4-5 10:52

I tested motion-lapse in close distance today.
It was about 3m from the subject in daylight and motion-lapse focus was pin sharp good.
2019-4-7
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Stuge234 Posted at 4-5 10:52

I tested motion-lapse in close distance today.
It was about 3m from the subject in daylight and motion-lapse focus was pin sharp good.

I guess ,I will have to wait for the next firmware now

Made a quick video on  Out of focus Issue

2019-4-7
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do love Frimware.
2019-4-7
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Satureyes Posted at 4-7 11:09
I do love Frimware.

I hope you'll still love Frimware after BreXiT Take care... just stay with us EU... we DO love ya all!!
2019-4-7
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Stuge234 Posted at 4-7 08:38

I think the bottle is too close.
The other is that during timelapse, I don't think it focuses on such close objects.
2019-4-7
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 4-7 12:37
I think the bottle is too close.
The other is that during timelapse, I don't think it focuses on such close objects.

It does focus on close objects .Focus doesn't run away in Normal Timelapse mode .

Anyways , results at infinity.

Collage 2019-04-06 12_29_14.jpg
2019-4-7
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Stuge234 Posted at 4-7 12:40
It does focus on close objects .Focus doesn't run away in Normal Timelapse mode .

Anyways , results at infinity.

The two photos show that there is no problem with the sharpness of the camera.
Look at the oblique edges and you see that it is more obscure because the image is obscured by software. (oblique edges are not cascading)
2019-4-7
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 4-7 13:48
The two photos show that there is no problem with the sharpness of the camera.
Look at the oblique edges and you see that it is more obscure because the image is obscured by software. (oblique edges are not cascading)
hmmm ....did you check high resolution file ? Picture saved during motion timelapse is as good as out of focus .No way those photos can be used for making 4k timelapse .2 year old Osmo Mobile does a better job .

Above video pretty much shows that device sets itself to predefined focus ,and focus doesn't locks  itself  on based users preference .Bug which deserves to be fixed ...So called feature is as good as useless to me.

Btw I do photography for a living and this bug is simply unacceptable .
2019-4-7
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Stuge234 Posted at 4-7 18:14
hmmm ....did you check high resolution file ? Picture saved during motion timelapse is as good as out of focus .No way those photos can be used for making 4k timelapse .2 year old Osmo Mobile does a better job .

"2 year old Osmo Mobile does a better job ." ????   The Osmo mobile not a camera, only a stabilizer.
2019-4-8
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

eldeegee Posted at 4-6 06:52
Its really good. This FW update finally made me buy the OP.

You have been waiting for the right time.
2019-4-8
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Stuge234 Posted at 4-7 08:38

This time I tested motion-lapse with 1m distance. It focused with no problem.

I guess issue in your video is that forground object is too small for OP to recognize and focus in short motion-lapse initializing stage.

In normal focus situation, OP’s slow focus can have time to focus but in motion-lapse, I guess 1. It do not have user input where to focus and 2. Too short for the OP to detect focus.

I don’t think it is distance or focus issue but your situation is too difficult for OP’s contrast focus system.
AE084F3D-3595-45CA-963A-9CEFB37189AA.jpeg
2019-4-8
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Tide Posted at 4-8 23:46
This time I tested motion-lapse with 1m distance. It focused with no problem.

I guess issue in your video is that forground object is too small for OP to recognize and focus in short motion-lapse initializing stage.

Reply from DJI support .I'm quoting it as it is .

"Kindly refer below feedback from designation department:
The shortest distance between the device and object in Motionlapse is 2.5m, so please make the object far away from OSMO POCKET"

I will send them another video of 2.5 m and above just for sake of sending one ,but I'm not really hopeful in this regarding .
2019-4-9
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 4-8 13:34
"2 year old Osmo Mobile does a better job ." ????   The Osmo mobile not a camera, only a stabilizer.

DJI app or software is used for making videos .Surely ,osmo pocket hardware should be better than my two year old phone + osmo mobile ,but unfortunately it beats it .
2019-4-9
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Stuge234 Posted at 4-9 23:41
Reply from DJI support .I'm quoting it as it is .

"Kindly refer below feedback from designation department:

I see then Dji official motion-lapse focus distance is 2.5m.
Thanks for the information.
2019-4-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great tests and results
2019-4-11
Use props
Advanced