Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to switch off screen during Timelapse / Motion- lapse?
11759 19 2019-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

How to switch off Pocket screen during Timelapse ?
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for the inquiry. I would like to clarify that you wanted to turn off the screen of the Osmo Pocket during timelapse mode? For additional information, if you use a mobile device connected to the Osmo Pocket, the screen of your unit would automatically be turned off. For the mean-time, we will confirm with our designated department if we could possibly turn off the screen of the Osmo Pocket during the timelapse. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-4
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

DJI Tony Posted at 4-4 15:43
Hi, thank you for the inquiry. I would like to clarify that you wanted to turn off the screen of the Osmo Pocket during timelapse mode? For additional information, if you use a mobile device connected to the Osmo Pocket, the screen of your unit would automatically be turned off. For the mean-time, we will confirm with our designated department if we could possibly turn off the screen of the Osmo Pocket during the timelapse. Thank you for continued support.

Yes ,I want to turn off the screen during standalone use of Osmo Pocket while shooting time lapse .
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Stuge234 Posted at 4-4 18:17
Yes ,I want to turn off the screen during standalone use of Osmo Pocket while shooting time lapse .

Hi, thanks for the clarification. Apparently, this option is not available on our Osmo Pocket, however, we would like to check this query into our designated department for further clarification. Thank you for the response.
2019-4-5
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

DJI Tony Posted at 4-5 16:18
Hi, thanks for the clarification. Apparently, this option is not available on our Osmo Pocket, however, we would like to check this query into our designated department for further clarification. Thank you for the response.

I hope feature is added via future firmware It can really help with the battery life as well.
2019-4-8
Use props
fans687a79c2
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Stuge234 Posted at 4-8 19:49
I hope feature is added via future firmware It can really help with the battery life as well.

Knowing that OP's screen size is very small, I can't help thinking how much energy can be saved by shut-down the screen.
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Stuge234 Posted at 4-8 19:49

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We've verified that this option is not possible as of the time being. No worries, rest assured that this would be forwarded into our designated department to see if this would be possible in the future. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-9
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94580 ft
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-4-9 08:14
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We've verified that this option is not possible as of the time being. No worries, rest assured that this would be forwarded into our designated department to see if this would be possible in the future. Thank you for understanding.

Please confirm if it's possible now, thanks!
2020-3-8
Use props
theinfinate79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 405344 ft
  • >>>
Australia

please add this feature, the GoPro has it and definitely saves a lot more battery.  
2020-4-25
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Spain

(duplicated)
2020-10-8
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Spain

Stuge234 Posted at 2019-4-4 18:17

Finally , support added this feature or they don't care?
2020-10-8
Use props
Andypenty
New
Flight distance : 689 ft
Australia

Any idea if this feature is at least added in Pocket 2?  
2020-11-5
Use props
AlonBerman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 759580 ft
Australia

2021-1-21
Use props
fansf3b92cd6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14275 ft
Sweden

My internal batteries couldnt last for the 5 hours 3 second interval timelapse with the Pocket 2. Some battery saving functionality is needed
2021-11-1
Use props
tomyo
lvl.1

Germany

I had the extra battery charged, and timelapse drained both batteries in less than 3 hours (in 4k).
Having the screen on during all that time is stupid.

This should be fixed, or timelapse feature is completely useless for me... Is one supposed to carry a external battery pack to be able to do more than 3 hours timelapse?  So much for a portable device... :*(
2021-11-10
Use props
jaro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156696 ft
Slovakia

i vote for such option (even though default should be screen-off)
2021-12-25
Use props
KusaCubari
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI, please add "screen off during timelapse" option to your firmware update - it could not be more obvious that during timelapse users would not want to see the screen and would prefer the option to turn it off to give that extra precious battery time.  

Also, a removable battery of course would also be and fantastic option especially if you were to also offer and "extended battery" offering 4, 6 or 8 hours (ideally) to really make the timelapse feature incredibly useful.

At the moment your fantastic Pocket2 is begging for these additions.  Brilliant kit could easily be made even more so by a good amount.

Thank you DJI, we all love your gear - these are easy steps to add to make your gear even more incredible.
2022-5-16
Use props
ANDO COM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37185 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Please
2022-11-3
Use props
tyk
New

United States

+1 please add this feature.  The battery can barely handle a 2 hour time lapse and that's not even close to the longest duration.  Why have those intervals/periods if the device doesn't have enough power to last through it?  Big brain stuff here
2023-1-4
Use props
vixhex311
lvl.1

United States

Please add this feature to turn the screen off when running a time lapse. It serves no purpose and can't be that hard to implement via a firmware update. DJI never seems to provide updates to their hardware, this is the last time I ever drop hundreds on one of their products.
2-16 15:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules