3 months for RMA normal?
1105 5 2019-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

December 2018 my Mavic air lost control mid-flight and I very nearly lost the drone to trees.
Thankfully I was able to regain controll and land the drone.

I logged a support call with DJI within days of getting home and uploaded the requested video and logs. The logs showed no input from me which could have caused the slow to fast 360 spin.

At the time the Mavic was covered by the Care Refresh which I purchased as soon as I brought the Air.

I chased the logged case with DJI a number of times, and eventually got a reply mid March to confirm it looked to be a compass failure and they would do an RMA.
I can see from the repair tracking that it was confirmed as a core board failure (not something I would expect from something which at the time was only 9 months old and hardly flown).

My major disappointment with DJI is why it took 3 months to confirm that the drone required to be returned, and what had I paid £89 in March 2018 for as I thought that was for priority service etc. At no point have DJI explained the long delay or offered me any form of compensation for 3 months of not wishing to fly my drone.

I'm very pleased that DJI have processed the repair / replacement under the warranty as I had logged the issue back in December.

My question is, is 3 months normal service that I should expect from DJI? Has anyone else experienced such a long delay with dealing with support?

Ignore the 'Product delivered' section of the tracking as at the moment I have a UPS tracking number but it's not actually been collected yet.

DJI.jpg
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi dronieuk, you have our sincere apologies that it took that long to get the data analysis result, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account and we will escalate the case to the appropriate team to investigate what happened. We will have someone to contact you soon, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2019-4-5
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy

Thank you for checking and following it up.
I hope to hear from someone soon.

Many Thanks

Jonathan
2019-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s not normally this way, but you will see it here from time to time. There seems to be confusion with care refresh and warranty, if you are claiming a warranty then care refresh doesn’t come into the equation, I know care refresh is supposed to speed up procedures, but this case was a warranty so not the same.

However it is to long hopefully dji will give you a free battery for the inconvenience.
Good luck .
2019-4-5
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-5 02:41
It’s not normally this way, but you will see it here from time to time. There seems to be confusion with care refresh and warranty, if you are claiming a warranty then care refresh doesn’t come into the equation, I know care refresh is supposed to speed up procedures, but this case was a warranty so not the same.

However it is to long hopefully dji will give you a free battery for the inconvenience.

A free battery or store credit would be very welcome.
I have my eye on a few upcoming things for my Osmo Pocket.
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dronieuk Posted at 4-5 05:56
A free battery or store credit would be very welcome.
I have my eye on a few upcoming things for my Osmo Pocket.

Your request will be transferred to the team, hope it will be figured out soon.
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules