Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket Stuck On Startup. Gimbal Protected and Wont Rotate
11915 18 2019-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
qcumber
New
Malaysia

My less than 2 week old Osmo pocket is having some startup problems. It cannot do a full rotate as the base of the camera, gets stuck at the bottom. It needs a slight push to get pass it. Error message : Gimbal Protected, tap to resume.
https://youtu.be/0tu9r7eRnJE

Osmo pocket was always in its case. Did not drop it, what so ever.

Any ideas how to overcome this?

2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day qcumber. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your two week old DJI Osmo Pocket. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. May I please know where and when is the exact date did you purchase the DJI Osmo Pocket for us to help you further? Thank you.
2019-4-5
Use props
qcumber
New
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-5 09:52
Hello and good day qcumber. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your two week old DJI Osmo Pocket. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. May I please know where and when is the exact date did you purchase the DJI Osmo Pocket for us to help you further? Thank you.

Hello,

I bought it on 22nd March, from Lazada Malaysia. Here's the link

https://www.lazada.com.my/-i443201717-s658434969.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm=a2o4k.order_details.item_title.1
2019-4-5
Use props
qcumber
New
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-5 09:52

Hello,

I bought it on 22nd March, from Lazada Malaysia. Here's the link

https://www.lazada.com.my/-i443201717-s658434969.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm=a2o4k.order_details.item_title.1
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

qcumber Posted at 4-5 09:58
Hello,

I bought it on 22nd March, from Lazada Malaysia. Here's the link

Thank you the quick reply qcumber.  I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank for your support.
2019-4-5
Use props
fans12f29f0d
New

United Arab Emirates

i have same problem...only 2 day back i brought this
2019-5-19
Use props
djiuser_WAfP9DvJ16qE
New
Malaysia

Hi I bought it like an hour ago. Started it once and activated it once. The second time I turned it on, it is now stucked. Can't seem to statrt up and it is stucked to the base when turning. Please help me. I havent used it at all and it has been in the box all this while
2019-5-20
Use props
Wilfred
New

Canada

Same problem here. I just got a case open so DJI can look at it. How was your problem resolved? Via replacement of some sort? I don't even know how it is supposed to work if it can't rotate past the base?
2019-6-24
Use props
freak6767
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74334 ft
France

So what are your experiences now with this issue?
Is it solved?
Did you get a replacement that is now working perfectly?

I see a lot of comments on this issue, but never people coming back saying now it's working or that their replacement isn't showing the same error.

I bought one yesterday at my local Apple Store, and have all these errors right out of the box (Gimbal protected, overheat, calibration fail, etc)
I consider myself as a geek, with multiple DJI products (with no issues at all), and tried everything on the OP, no success. Guess it's bad luck and DOA. But will my replacement show the same errors?
2019-7-11
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I am curious about this issue too, may any dirt or sand or something stuck within the joins? I saw the video it is hard to move the gimbal.
2019-7-11
Use props
brandon esparsen
lvl.1

United States

Same thing here have only had a out 2-3 weeks and its stuck in projected mode and doing weird stuff in start up mode.
2019-10-27
Use props
fans3ec268fb
New

United Kingdom

Hi All,

I am putting together a case against DJI and the consumer protection agency.

I believe the DJI Osmo Pocket gimbal is faulty and prone to malfunction.

I will follow up with links to documents.

DJI should recall the DJI Osmo and offer free repairs.

Cheers
2019-11-12
Use props
Monty Tech
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I have had my osmo pocket for 8 months worked well but recently i can;t get it to start up correctly
When I power it up is starts go thru its sequence Move to face forward-to the left-to the right then it goes up-down 4 times and then it stops pointing almost str it up then it stops and says “Gimbal protected tap to resume” I then tap the screen it then moves and wiggles crazily and stops and again says “Gimbal protected tap to resume” and on and on. once in a while it will start up correctly and the last time i was able to get it to start up I upgraded the firmware and did a calibration but it still won’t start up  Please Advise
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_7XXHmtpg5x4M
New
Singapore

Any updates on this? My 2 week old set suffers the same problem
2020-1-18
Use props
Samuel Goncalves
lvl.1
Canada

hi, I just bought the refurbished product and it came with this exact same problem!
2020-3-24
Use props
djiuser_0Gf4j6iZXNd9
New
Flight distance : 348264 ft
France

Mon osmo a 6 mois, même problème le gimball protégé... Parfois il s'emballe... Puis surchauffe . Dans une armoire, en stand by. (360€ et pas de solutions)
2020-3-26
Use props
fans9182f551
New

Israel

TRY TO SHAKE THE CAMERA WHEN YOU TURN IT ON! IT WORKED FOR ME!
2020-12-2
Use props
fans9182f551
New

Israel

TRY TO SHAKE THE CAMERA WHEN YOU TURN IT ON! IT WORKED FOR ME!
2020-12-2
Use props
Zufo
New

Canada

I fixed my gimbal issue but I gotta say my experience is a little on the extreme side!

I had my Osmo on a motorized dolly that has a little weight to it 10.4 ounces), and I took my eye off of it for a little too long and it skipped over the protective edge and dropped about 4 ft exactly upside down right onto the osmo's head (on padded carpeting). The impact, with the addd weight of the dolly, was enough to bend the gimbal arm placing the head so close to the body that it couldn't fully tilt up & down or side to side. I'm in the middle of an important project and getting another camera is not an option.

So I went full Zen and I took the camera into my hands and calmly, slowly, but very firmly bent the arm back into position (being ever so careful to feel a sudden break about to happen). I'm impressed! That was steel I was bending bc I think aluminum would have cracked, and I bent it all the way back up and gave it the clearance it needed. I fired it up and it works with no error message because it can run through it's short calibration sequence.
These things are well built .

I hope this helps at least one other person from thinking they' have to sent into repairs and pay $$. You just have to be gentle and firm!

fixed.jpg
2021-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules