Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP MP4 raw files will not play
9636 14 2019-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Realstinger
lvl.2
United States

Sorry but this is not user friendly , I added a external 64gb sd card to my 2 pro, so i shot photos n 5 videos. I moved the files from my Drone internal HD plus my SD card, the photos were fine, but the Vids shot a h265 wide has 1.2 GB data but will not play on my Windows pc?? Help. Im beginning to not like the internal storage . I changed the setting to use the external sd card . Just got the 2pro last week , updated all upgrades. I used to have the original Mavic and it was not a problem downloading files MP4 in Raw
2019-4-5
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2
United States

did not recognize file format?? shot at MP4
2019-4-5
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2
United States

error message
2019-4-5
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2
United States

Error says error 2041 an invalid Sample description was found in the movie
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HI, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to ask if you have tried to use a different player that could support the format that you've used on your recording video? If not, I would recommend using different players that support the format of your video. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-4-5
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-5 15:02
HI, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to ask if you have tried to use a different player that could support the format that you've used on your recording video? If not, I would recommend using different players that support the format of your video. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

yes, i fixed the player

OK that fixed it thanks
2019-4-6
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-5 15:02
HI, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to ask if you have tried to use a different player that could support the format that you've used on your recording video? If not, I would recommend using different players that support the format of your video. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

yes, i fixed the player but the mavic videos will not play using H265 FOV 3860 x 2160 res. its just blinks when i hit play button?? But properties shows data writing to  my 64 gb sd card
2019-4-6
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

What player are you using. If you are using VLC player then you can right click the video you want to play and go to properties. Then change the default application for playing that type of video to always use VLC player. Then the next time you double click the video it will automatically open in VLC. Hope this helps.
2019-4-6
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

4k h.265 dlog videos are really heavy, i guess your computer is just not powerful enough :/ ! try shooting at 2.7k or 1080 and try to read your files again, then you will have your answer. no need to fly just handle the drone and record in your house for a quick test
2019-4-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Realstinger Posted at 4-6 05:10
yes, i fixed the player but the mavic videos will not play using H265 FOV 3860 x 2160 res. its just blinks when i hit play button?? But properties shows data writing to  my 64 gb sd card

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You could try to record low resolutions in H265 format and also use the same resolution with H264 to isolate the problem and be able to determine if this would be a player or a computer limitation. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-8
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

You can have a powerful rig, but the processor series may be an older generation that doesn't outright play/support H.265 media playback.  I had an I7-6700 series processor with 4GB VRAM, and it would stutter any H.265 media, regardless of what player or editing software I used.  I upgraded to a I7-7700 series rig and all of the H.265 media played smooth with no issues.  People have used the editing software Handbrake and DaVinci as a work around.
2019-4-24
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
United States

Neo Supreme Posted at 4-24 10:34
You can have a powerful rig, but the processor series may be an older generation that doesn't outright play/support H.265 media playback.  I had an I7-6700 series processor with 4GB VRAM, and it would stutter any H.265 media, regardless of what player or editing software I used.  I upgraded to a I7-7700 series rig and all of the H.265 media played smooth with no issues.  People have used the editing software Handbrake and DaVinci as a work around.

Oh yeah, if you have Mac, the minimum OS to play H.265 is High Sierra, with gen 7 Intel CPU.
2019-4-24
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2

Neo Supreme Posted at 4-24 10:34

Thank You I bet thats my  issue the PC and processors
2019-9-7
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4

Realstinger Posted at 9-7 04:49
Thank You I bet thats my  issue the PC and processors

No problem.  It took me and my friend a few days of beating our heads against walls trying to figure it out, as no forums or advise (at the time) had no answers to this problem.  One of my other friends has a Titan 12GB video card, with 32 GB of RAM and he had problems playing back H.265 media, because of his generation processor.
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Make sure you have the microsoft codec - more details in this video
2019-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules