Microphone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedWolf18
lvl.3
Flight distance : 659580 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone please confirm that the Smart Controller does actually have a working microphone, and how used?

I have just this week purchased a new Smart Controller for my MP2, previously using IOS iPad mini 4 with great success. Often I need to use screen recording with voice input which is built into IOS, and work flawlessly.

Today I tried the screen recorder app included within the Smart Controller assuming it would both screen record and record voice like every other screen recorder. While it does indeed screen record, it will not record voice, so either it does not support the built-in microphone, am I missing something, or I have a bad unit that requires a refund and go back to IOS?

Can anyone advise or comment please before I return unit next week?

Best regards - Simon
2019-4-6
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I had to download Parrot, a 3rd party app to test whether the mic worked or not.  It DID work, although I had to turn up the input (gain???) in order to hear it.  

There was another thread on this issue but I don't recall if it was here or another forum.  They wanted the same thing - while screen recording to have "voice over" but I don't think they got it working.

Now, I did not attempt to do a screen recording while using the Parrot app so I can't confirm if that's possible or not.  You can add 3rd party apps to the SC by visiting apkpure.com using the included browser.  You can then download an app, Parrot, for instance, and then use the File Manager to go to the download folder and then install the app.  A bit convoluted.

It would be nice to hear from a Moderator if screen recording and mic input can work together.
2019-4-6
Use props
RedWolf18
lvl.3
Flight distance : 659580 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you ff22 for the reply, and agree it would be nice to receive an official response.

I do generally like the Smart Controller for its convenience and bright screen resolution over the iPad, iPhone, and other devices etc... but in every other aspect it lags behind IOS devices. Remarkable in that Smart Controller is a DJI product and yet not a priority when it comes to development, the speed of which updates become available etc... Never did work that one out!

If you had never flown with IOS you would not know anything different, and that's probably the problem after being spoiled. I am not an IOS fanboy by any means, but DJI Go 4 is so much better in IOS than Android.

Likely my Smart Controller will go back to my reseller who has a no quibble policy for a refund and see what transpires in the future, but before doing so I'll give a moderator time to respond if applicable.

Best regards - Simon
2019-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules