Good Grief. What's wrong with Dji's tech support?
782 7 2019-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walttheartist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

This is an exchange between me and Dji's tech support. It's hard to believe that Dji is a world player with this kind of customer support. I wonder if they just don't understand English, or that they truely don't care?

Subject: Goggles RE manufactured date
Message: I would like to know if my goggles have been hardware updated. I have included the QR code and serial number.

Benz (DJI Support)
4月5日 CST06:01
Hi Walter,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

I'm sorry but we are unable to use the QR code you have sent to know if you have the updated firmware in your DJI Goggles RE.

You can use the DJI Assistant 2 to check if you have the latest firmware. I have the video link of the DJI Goggles since they are only the same way of updating the firmware.

If you have any other concern don't hesitate to reach us.
Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,
Benz
DJI Technical Support

Walt
4月5日 CST07:24
I’m sorry, I didn’t explain myself correctly. I don’t need to know the firmware version of my Goggles RE, I wanted to know if my Goggles included the latest hardware that fixes the “Goggles to Drone range issue”. Many users reported that the link between the Goggles and Drone disconnects in about 700 meters. An updated hardware component is available and has been included in all DJI RE Goggles shipped after Feb 2019.

I wanted to know if my Goggles RE were one of the updated ones. That’s why I included the serial number. Is there any check I can do at my end to determine if my Goggles include the updated hardware? Thanks for your help.

walt

Dji Support)
4月6日 CST00:24
Hi Walter,

Good Day!

If you are able to connect the DJI Goggles RE on the computer and access the DJI Assistant 2, you will be able to see if there is an update available. We don't base the latest firmware on when it was purchased.

If you want to know if you got the latest firmware available to your DJI Goggles, please check the release notes in this link. Currently, the latest version is V1.0.7.0

Regarding your concern about the distance, there are several things to consider one of them is interference. If you encounter a problem with it, please let us know so we can ask the appropriate question to identify the cause of the issue.

Best Regards,
Benz
DJI Technical Support

4月6日 CST01:13
RE: Dji Goggles RE hardware upgrade....

An updated hardware component is available from Dji, and has been included in all DJI Goggles RE shipped after Feb 2019.

Is there a way for me to find out if my Goggles RE have the latest hardware upgrade?

If NOT, where can I send them, to have them upgraded? Thank you.

walt

Benz (DJI Support)
4月7日 CST04:37
Hi Walter,

Good Day!

The latest firmware of the DJI Goggles RE is V 1.0.7.0. Like what I mention to my previous email, you can check if you got the firmware V 1.0.7.0 by connecting the DJI Goggles RE to the computer and you need to access the DJI Assistant 2.

You don't need to send the DJI Goggles RE to us to update. All firmware update needs to be performed manually.

Best Regards,
Benz
DJI Technical Support

Hi Benz...

You obviously don’t understand the difference between Firmware and Hardware.

Please find someone at Dji Support who understands English, and have them read and answer my last message. Thank you.

walt

2019-4-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Not at all surprised.  Part of issue is language translation problem.  Believe another issue is cultural differences relating to what it takes to be Engineer, Technical Support, etc.
2019-4-6
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain. Not with DJI but with other overseas tech support. I think language is a huge factor and the fact that they are reading or copying from a key word prompt system and have to go through their steps in order to escalate the issue to the correct person or department. It may not even be a person responding to you. The system picks up key words and then responds with what it thinks is the appropriate answer or question.

Hope you get your question answered.
2019-4-6
Use props
walttheartist
lvl.4
Canada

Hurley1718 Posted at 4-6 14:49
I feel your pain. Not with DJI but with other overseas tech support. I think language is a huge factor and the fact that they are reading or copying from a key word prompt system and have to go through their steps in order to escalate the issue to the correct person or department. It may not even be a person responding to you. The system picks up key words and then responds with what it thinks is the appropriate answer or question.

Hope you get your question answered.

I guess I find it difficult to believe that a person (or a system) can't tell the difference between Firmware and Hardware. Oh well...
2019-4-6
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

I’m sorry if I’ve caused you confusion, but DJI didn’t say when the new PCB was implemented in Goggles RE. I only presumed that it was from February 2019 onwards, this maybe incorrect.

Better question to ask DJI is “when was the new PCB implemented into the Goggles RE to fix the know issue”.  

I hope that this helps.
2019-4-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Walter, I am sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I know the drone you are flying with the Goggles RE? Besides, would you mind telling me where mentioned the updated hardware component on the Goggles RE?
Regarding your case, if it is convenient, please kindly try to fly the drone with the Goggles RE, please choose an open area with the decent GPS signal to fly, please mount the 5.8G antenna on the Goggles RE, and check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands. If you encounter any difficulties, please kindly let us know, we will check more details.
For the support's issue, I will forward to the proper team to investigate the details and keep improving the service. Sorry again for the trouble.
2019-4-6
Use props
walttheartist
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 4-6 18:49
Hi Walter, I am sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I know the drone you are flying with the Goggles RE? Besides, would you mind telling me where mentioned the updated hardware component on the Goggles RE?
Regarding your case, if it is convenient, please kindly try to fly the drone with the Goggles RE, please choose an open area with the decent GPS signal to fly, please mount the 5.8G antenna on the Goggles RE, and check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands. If you encounter any difficulties, please kindly let us know, we will check more details.
For the support's issue, I will forward to the proper team to investigate the details and keep improving the service. Sorry again for the trouble.

I'm flying a Mavic 2 Pro. Since I live beside an airport it will be difficult for me to test the GogglesRE with my drone. I'll have to go into the countryside where I can put some distance between me and the drone to test the range issue. I read that the 5.8G antenna wasn't necessary when using the Goggles with the Mavic 2, but I've attached them anyway per your advice. I will also check the image transmission at 2.4G and 5.8G.

The hardware update issue is mentioned in the Goggles section of your Forum. It would be more efficient if you read all the posts regarding this issue yourself.
2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

walttheartist Posted at 4-7 04:59
I'm flying a Mavic 2 Pro. Since I live beside an airport it will be difficult for me to test the GogglesRE with my drone. I'll have to go into the countryside where I can put some distance between me and the drone to test the range issue. I read that the 5.8G antenna wasn't necessary when using the Goggles with the Mavic 2, but I've attached them anyway per your advice. I will also check the image transmission at 2.4G and 5.8G.

The hardware update issue is mentioned in the Goggles section of your Forum. It would be more efficient if you read all the posts regarding this issue yourself.

Thank you for getting back, it is suggested mounting the 5.8G antenna when flying with the Mavic 2. You can test out the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro.
Besides, for your information, we did not receive any info about the updated hardware component, which means that it is not correct. Please kindly try the unit at your convenience, keep us updated if there is an issue. Thank you.
2019-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules