12Next >
1226 56 2019-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

It's spring time in Japan and we have the cherry blossoms in full bloom. Having a deep significance in Japanese culture and history, the Japanese people traditionally enjoy a feast under the blooming sakura (cherry blossom) trees with friends or family and refer to it as hanami (花見), which literally translates into "flower watching" - 花 (hana): flower, 見(mi): see.
Since the blooms last only for a couple of weeks at most, they are an enduring metaphor for life itself, luminous and beautiful yet fleeting and ephemeral.

2019-4-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice footage
2019-4-7
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Nicely captured!  Lots of busy and happy bees, I bet
2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi nilanjan118, nicely done! Thanks for sharing.
2019-4-7
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

Nice job!
2019-4-7
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

It’s definitely beautiful scenery! Really poetical and really romantic. I think you caught this spring mood. Good shooting and good editing. I see you tried some new movements and effects, they look nice
2019-4-7
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Nice one nilanjan118. The blossoms are beautiful, but I was wondering - who gets the cherries from the trees on common land?
2019-4-7
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Woe Posted at 4-7 05:27
Very nice footage

Thanks for watching captain.
2019-4-7
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

MccloudSpark Posted at 4-7 08:34
Nicely captured!  Lots of busy and happy bees, I bet

Thanks MccloudSpark. There are more humans than bees.
It's very difficult to find an empty spot to shoot.
2019-4-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-7 15:39
Thanks for watching captain.

You're welcome and keep the coming
2019-4-7
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

Gorgeous footage!
2019-4-7
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I enjoyed watching this. Very well done. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.  
2019-4-7
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-7 09:08
Hi nilanjan118, nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you admin Paladin.
2019-4-7
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

An estimated 63 million people travel to and within Japan to view the bloom, spending around $2.7 billion in the process.

Tokyo’s Ueno Park is the most popular viewing site with an estimated 4 million hanami visitors #桜 https://t.co/hZiMim5wgo
2019-4-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely footage
2019-4-7
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-7 22:26
An estimated 63 million people travel to and within Japan to view the bloom, spending around $2.7 billion in the process.

Tokyo’s Ueno Park is the most popular viewing site with an estimated 4 million hanami visitors #桜 https://t.co/hZiMim5wgo

Hello Michael, thanks for watching my video and your comments. Feels good to get such positive feedback from someone like you who is so committed to flying and capturing good footage. I did try some new moves this time but as the data you shared says, the parks are heavily crowded at this time of the year and it is difficult to find empty spots to fly your drone. Unfortunately I could not fly my drone in Tokyo as flying in densely populated areas is prohibited in Japan and all of Tokyo's 81 parks (including Ueno park) are listed as NFZs. However, I did take plenty of photos with my DSLR. Here's one from Meguro river, another very popular cherry blossom spot in Tokyo.

2019-4-7
Use props
fans687a79c2
lvl.4
Hong Kong

You has shown how powerful your Spark can be ........
2019-4-8
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-7 23:13
Hello Michael, thanks for watching my video and your comments. Feels good to get such positive feedback from someone like you who is so committed to flying and capturing good footage. I did try some new moves this time but as the data you shared says, the parks are heavily crowded at this time of the year and it is difficult to find empty spots to fly your drone. Unfortunately I could not fly my drone in Tokyo as flying in densely populated areas is prohibited in Japan and all of Tokyo's 81 parks (including Ueno park) are listed as NFZs. However, I did take plenty of photos with my DSLR. Here's one from Meguro river, another very popular cherry blossom spot in Tokyo.

[view_image]

Thank you for your kind words!
This foto, it's just amazing and really worth to see. If your DSLR can shoot video it would be quite interesting to combine scenes from the air and from the ground even if it's shot in different location. In row of drone's medium shot  and  long shot, some close-up would look very impressive and present that blossom with full magnificence.
Waiting for your next works!
2019-4-8
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Thanks a lot Doc Ozzy.
2019-4-8
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Warriewoodlad Posted at 4-7 13:55
Nice one nilanjan118. The blossoms are beautiful, but I was wondering - who gets the cherries from the trees on common land?

Now this is something which has most people confused. Not all cherry blossom trees bear edible cherries. In fact most of the blossoms we see in public places are just ornamental and the fruit they bear is unpalatable. I also learnt this only after coming to Japan. Anyway, thanks a lot for watching my video. It feels nice when the subject arouses curiosity among the viewers.
2019-4-8
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Amazing footage so lovely so relaxing and so beautiful, i had an old friend he used to be my neighbor, his name was Mr.Kita unfortunately he passed away almost a year ago from cancer and i was planning to come to visit him but his death was so fast... Thanks man for sharing the lovely work and bringing some good memories to my heart. Cheers
2019-4-8
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

ArnoSpark Posted at 4-8 03:59
Amazing footage so lovely so relaxing and so beautiful, i had an old friend he used to be my neighbor, his name was Mr.Kita unfortunately he passed away almost a year ago from cancer and i was planning to come to visit him but his death was so fast... Thanks man for sharing the lovely work and bringing some good memories to my heart. Cheers

I don't know how to react to this comment. On one hand, I am pleased that my video could strike a chord with you but on the other hand, it saddens me deeply to hear about your friend. Hope his soul is at peace now. It once again reminds us of what I wrote in the description about the significance of cherry blossoms - an enduring metaphor for life itself, luminous and beautiful yet fleeting and ephemeral. Thank you for watching.
2019-4-8
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video and beautiful subjects. Thanks for sharing.
2019-4-8
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-8 16:03
I don't know how to react to this comment. On one hand, I am pleased that my video could strike a chord with you but on the other hand, it saddens me deeply to hear about your friend. Hope his soul is at peace now. It once again reminds us of what I wrote in the description about the significance of cherry blossoms - an enduring metaphor for life itself, luminous and beautiful yet fleeting and ephemeral. Thank you for watching.

Indeed such a kind word and indeed it was sad, why i mentioned the story cause he was a Japaneses and he used to talk about the cherry blossom. I miss him but he was happy at the end, he was a strong old man. You are welcome my friend and always share the good work
2019-4-9
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United Kingdom

nice video! and nice explanation to it.
2019-4-9
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Arnie R Posted at 4-7 17:44
Gorgeous footage!

Thank you.
2019-4-9
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Sayhelloforme Posted at 4-7 18:38
I enjoyed watching this. Very well done. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much. Just the kind of appreciation and kind words which drive amateur photographers/drone pilots like me. Glad you watched and enjoyed the video.
2019-4-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wow, fabulous video, great job
2019-4-9
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Thanks Captain.
2019-4-9
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

fans687a79c2 Posted at 4-8 00:46
You has shown how powerful your Spark can be ........

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, the Spark is an incredible little drone. It surprises even those people who own more expensive drones.
2019-4-9
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-8 01:55
Thank you for your kind words!
This foto, it's just amazing and really worth to see. If your DSLR can shoot video it would be quite interesting to combine scenes from the air and from the ground even if it's shot in different location. In row of drone's medium shot  and  long shot, some close-up would look very impressive and present that blossom with full magnificence.
Waiting for your next works!

Good suggestion Michael. I actually tried to capture some footage with my DSLR but it is really difficult to hold it steady because of its weight. I was very disappointed with how shaky the footage was and didn't go very well with the steady shots of the Spark. I do own a tripod but setting it up at crowded places is a hassle. The best thing to have in such scenario would be a 3-axis gimbal like the DJI Ronin. May be I will get one in the future.
2019-4-9
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-9 17:06
Good suggestion Michael. I actually tried to capture some footage with my DSLR but it is really difficult to hold it steady because of its weight. I was very disappointed with how shaky the footage was and didn't go very well with the steady shots of the Spark. I do own a tripod but setting it up at crowded places is a hassle. The best thing to have in such scenario would be a 3-axis gimbal like the DJI Ronin. May be I will get one in the future.
In some situation you can try to use program stabilisation. For example 'warp stabilizer effect' from Adobe Premiere Pro: https://youtu.be/_ta3-imPXTc
If you use any other editor, I think it has tha same abillity too. Maybe it can help while you decide wheather to buy Ronin.
2019-4-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-4-9
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Hurley1718 Posted at 4-8 20:47
Great video and beautiful subjects. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much Hurley. I am glad you enjoyed.
2019-4-10
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Looks really great! Very nice video, wonderful place
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-7 22:01
Thank you admin Paladin.

You're welcome. Should you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-4-10
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

dj_dread Posted at 4-9 02:22
nice video! and nice explanation to it.

Thank you dj_dread. I tried my best to bring out the essence of cherry blossom. Happy to get your appreciation.
2019-4-10
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

What a lovely video. Too bad the close-ups didn't work out, but it's still really pleasing to watch.
2019-4-10
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

jacksonnai Posted at 4-9 05:01
Wow, fabulous video, great job

Thanks a lot captain.
2019-4-11
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-9 21:07
In some situation you can try to use program stabilisation. For example 'warp stabilizer effect' from Adobe Premiere Pro: https://youtu.be/_ta3-imPXTc
If you use any other editor, I think it has tha same abillity too. Maybe it can help while you decide wheather to buy Ronin.

Yes, I have heard of such stabilisation during post. I use Wondershare Filmora and need to explore if that feature exists there. Thanks again Michael. Cheers!!
2019-4-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules