Made My Own Case
974 3 2019-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MattMPA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99619 ft
United States

Well, as the title suggests...I made my own hard case for the Ronin S.

I like gear to be protected, so my Sony EX1R is in a Pelican case, with the areas carefully laid out and set up so that everything has a place. Plus, if I have an empty space...I know something is missing.

When I got the Ronin S, I realized that there was no way to place the balanced unit back into the supplied case. Looking on line, I found a couple cases, but they seemed pricey and unless I missed somthing, the camera plate stills needs to be removed. I put a Manfrotto 323 on mine to avoid balancing before every use. I didn't want a soft bag.

Harbor Freight is selling Pelican case knock-offs that are pretty nice. I bought one for my A6400 and it worked out great. So, I got another for the Ronin S and built it out yesterday. I'm thrilled that I can easily transport and store the S...and keep it in balance with the plate attached.

Here's a pic of "before" I put the final layer of foam on. (This final layer makes it look better and keeps the "pluck" foam from coming apart under use.) If anyone would like more details, maybe a "how-to"...just say the word...

Cse

Cse

2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MattMPA. Thank you for sharing this information with us and this photo as well. It is very innovative and you did a great work.
2019-4-7
Use props
carlosbartual
lvl.2
Spain

I also made one.
20190329_195022-1.jpg
20190329_194948-1.jpg
2019-4-7
Use props
MattMPA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99619 ft
United States

Very nice Carlos!

Here's a pic of mine, completed. I really like that it all goes into the case fully balanced except for the camera....which attaches to a Manfrotto 32
IMG_6475.JPG
IMG_6475.JPG
2019-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules