Longtime owner - first thoughts on new MP2 Zoom
893 14 2019-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

I've owned a Phantom 4 in the past and still own a Mavic Air.  I decided to order a Mavic 2 Zoom to take a look at the tech.  I love the portability of the Air, but I dont like the following:

1.  No Ocusync 2.  The range on the Air is seriously compromised by not having this feature.
2.  Flight time.  Although fine for most uses, if you want to do a longer flight, the Air is limited.  

So what are my initial observations (thought this might be of value for someone else)?

1.  The quality of the Mavic 2 Zoom is impressive.  Both the drone and the remote are well built and heavy duty.  
2.  The Ocusync 2 feature is real - the distance I can fly to is amazing compared to the Air.
3.  The Mavic 2 Zoom is significantly quieter than the Air, even with low noise props on the Air.
4.  I love having the control screen on the Mavic 2 Zoom controller - it's much more useful than I expected.  
5.  The folded drones are similar in size, however the Mavic 2 Zoom is twice as heavy.

I think thats it.  Happy flying!
2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Damager. Thank you for reaching out and for your insight regarding the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. This is very informative. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-4-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And you can zoom too! Congrats and enjoy your new drone
2019-4-8
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

Can't wait to get mine, nice post.
2019-4-8
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

I don't seem to be able to post anywhere but here. anyone know where to report this and the fact I can't add a avatar?
Thanks
2019-4-8
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Airheadbit Posted at 4-8 05:37
I don't seem to be able to post anywhere but here. anyone know where to report this and the fact I can't add a avatar?
Thanks

If I recall, DJI forum had some "admission requirements" like visiting or logging in a certain number of times before you can start a new thread or something like that.  I don't recall the details but, initially, it was a pain when you wanted to ask a new question.
2019-4-8
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

ff22 Posted at 4-8 09:33
If I recall, DJI forum had some "admission requirements" like visiting or logging in a certain number of times before you can start a new thread or something like that.  I don't recall the details but, initially, it was a pain when you wanted to ask a new question.

If they would tell me what is needed perhaps this wouldn't be such a pain, as it stands I'm getting sick and tired of the lack of communication. New Mavic 2 Zoom and 6 hours to get the firmware updated after finding out DJI doesn't really 'work' with Android, you have to beat it to death with time and google fu.. Their software doesn't test the device to see if it is compatible. it just installs and fails.
2019-4-8
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

Airheadbit Posted at 4-8 19:27
If they would tell me what is needed perhaps this wouldn't be such a pain, as it stands I'm getting sick and tired of the lack of communication. New Mavic 2 Zoom and 6 hours to get the firmware updated after finding out DJI doesn't really 'work' with Android, you have to beat it to death with time and google fu.. Their software doesn't test the device to see if it is compatible. it just installs and fails.

Hunted down the issue, need 20 points, I get 2 for each reply!
2019-4-8
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

This might help you Dji Go 4 on Android.

About the posting of new posts for beginners.
2019-4-8
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I had better luck with my Android setup which is surprising since I used an older Blackberry phone which was their first Android device.  It worked and I was able to update the controller and the drone using it.  So, it does work although I know others do have issues.  Then I moved to a Samsung tablet and that also worked.  But I know getting a new device and having issues is really not much fun.  You want to enjoy it and that gets really annoying.  

And I remember I could not figure out what I needed to do to post here.  It is not all that clear including the link posted above.  It was not clear how to earn points.  I think just logging in was one method.  
2019-4-9
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Just don't use it with the Goggle RE. It causes problems and cause it to lose it signal. Lots of reports on it, look it up in the forum. They have still not fixed it.
2019-4-12
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Just don't use it with the Goggle RE. It causes problems and cause it to lose it signal. Lots of reports on it, look it up in the forum. They have still not fixed it.
2019-4-12
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

2019-4-12
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Just don't use it with the Goggle RE. There is a problem in compatibility or something and cause it to lose signal. Lots of cases reported, look it up in the forum.
2019-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules