Questions about Mavic 2 Zoom + Google + tablet (iPad)
1831 4 2019-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wana_B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United States

I’m ready to purchase goggles but from I’m hesitant because of conflicting information. According to what I’ve read at the DJI website (store.dji.com/guides/drones-goggles/), only the RE version of the Goggles will connect wirelessly with my Mavic 2 Zoom.  However, there are several posts in this forum that say there are problems.  Also, I’m not certain that I can use goggles and a tablet the same time.

This is what I want to do:

A) The pilot controls drone remotely, maintaining visual line of sight with Mavic 2 Zoom.

B) Co-pilot monitors flight data like battery level, altitude, and range using an iPad connected with a cable to the controller.

C) Passenger wears goggles and is able to look around independently of flight path by controlling the gimbal with headtracking.

Here are my questions:

1) Can I do what I want with the basic controller that came with the Mavic 2 Zoom or do I have to purchase a Smart Controller?
2) Where do I plug in the iPad?  Do I plug the iPad in where my iPhone plugs in, on the side of the controller, or do I plug into the USB port that is underneath the controller?
3)  Do I need to purchase the RE Goggles or can I use the white ones?
4)  Is headtracking supported?
5) Can on-screen data be removed so that the person wearing goggles can see the full camera view, while still having on-screen data displayed on the iPad?
6) With clear line-of-site, can I expect at least 1km range of high def video reception?

Replies appreciated.  I've looked around and can't find any one source that answers all my questions.  I'll be happy to post an article and/or video to show how this all works together if it is actually possible.

2019-4-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

1. Yes you can use the basic controller and no you don't have to have the SC.
2.You can plug ii in either, I only use the bottom usb.
3.You can use the white ones, the Re's are better
4.Yes headtracking is supported
5Yes there is a full screen view on the goggles
6 Sad to say right now it's hard to achieve more than 800 meters with the mavic 2
2019-4-7
Use props
Wana_B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 4-7 12:15
1. Yes you can use the basic controller and no you don't have to have the SC.
2.You can plug ii in either, I only use the bottom usb.
3.You can use the white ones, the Re's are better

Is the range improved if the Smart Controller is used instead?
2019-4-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wana_B Posted at 4-9 15:00
Is the range improved if the Smart Controller is used instead?

Not sure, I don't own the Smart controller
2019-4-9
Use props
fans823b55da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23432 ft
United States

I need help please I can use the smart controller and some glasses epson movio bt 300 at the same time
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules