Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Choppy video? Ideas?
775 5 2019-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benwiley89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92047 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/Z3g40HC4img

Shot today with my Mavic Pro. 4K, 30FPS. Most of the videos had this weird chop/shimmer. Any ideas? Never had this issue before.
2019-4-7
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

No idea but try shoot at 2.7k to see if it looks the same or better.
2019-4-7
Use props
David Drills
lvl.1
Italy

Hello everyone,

so I have the same problem that so many other have found, all my brand new Mavic 2 Pro (4 days old) videos are chopping dramatically.

I'am a cinematographer so I know basic rules of shutter speed and so on.

I read sooo many threads on this problem but it appears that none of them has the solution written.

So I am asking here, did anyone find any solution about choppy footage on the mavic pro 2?

I did several tests

4k or less
24, 25 and 30fps
always doubled the shutter speed using nd filter
tried different sd cards
tried different computers (and btw is very powerful, I easily edit Red Epic footage) and different smart tv
tried different editing software (premiere, final cut, davinci resolve)
reset the drone

but I always ending with an heavily and unusable footage.

I don't even post the video since the web is full of similar ones.

Has anyone found any solution? I am very annoyed with this problem.

Thank you,

David
2019-4-21
Use props
David Drills
lvl.1
Italy

I did some research and It is not the drone, drone it’s actually working fine. It’s not about sd card or computer. it is something that any video camera has when its moving fast trough still objects, and it’s called “judder effect”.
It mostly happen when the camera is moving (or panning) over a certain speed, so with drones is more evident because most of the time they are moving very fast and very close to some objects (like trees).
Even top cameras like red or arri has it, it is something related to the fps andthe movement speed, but it all depends to the hertz of the monitor where the video is playing.
You can notice judder effect in every drone video all over the internet or any hollywood’s moovie when the camera is moving or panning. The only place where you won’t get that is on cinema screens because the can select any heatz parameter they want.
This video has a good explanation: https://youtu.be/qAVfIQ2G7Io
Or just google judder effect and you’ll understand everything about it.
2019-4-25
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

It's good to learn new things.
2019-5-14
Use props
Daltair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167723 ft
United States

In the first Maviс flicker problem is often associated with a low bit rate. When a lot of details in the movement of the width of the bit rate is not enough for a smooth picture. On Maviс 2, the flow is higher and this is better.
2019-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules