Problem with JPEG images after Timelapse!
3145 18 2019-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fratak
lvl.1
Ireland

Hello all!
I've a problem with timelapse/motionlapse.
I know that after made a timelapse/motionlapse I should find both the video and the images jpeg, but when I go inside SD I find only the video in 1080p.
But I would need also a jpeg file for create in post high quality timelapse with more resolution.

Maybe here is some option to enable jpeg file?

I state that I create timelapse without the smartphone connected, but only with Osmo Pocket.

Thank to the forum for any help
2019-4-8
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

No JPEGs on mine either.  I'm sure they were produced originally.  Perhaps I've altered a setting.  I'm set at 2 second intervals.  Previously I was set at 3 second intervals.
2019-4-8
Use props
Fratak
lvl.1
Ireland

John Walker Posted at 4-8 05:54
No JPEGs on mine either.  I'm sure they were produced originally.  Perhaps I've altered a setting.  I'm set at 2 second intervals.  Previously I was set at 3 second intervals.

I know that the JPEGs option exist or at least existed, and I don't think it depends on time intervals.
Should exist for all timelapse settings.

Does anyone know how to enable this option?
2019-4-8
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did a motionlapse last night, and the folder with the .jpg files are on the card along with the .mov files
2019-4-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Fratak Posted at 4-8 06:02
I know that the JPEGs option exist or at least existed, and I don't think it depends on time intervals.
Should exist for all timelapse settings.

There should be no need to enable it.
They are put in separate folders on the Osmo Pocket.

[MEDIA]
All normal jpegs and videos including low res panoramas and time-lapse low res file.

[PANORAMA]
Stores jpegs and DNG files to make your own panoramas from if settings are correct for DNG.

[TIMELAPSE] jpegs for creating your own video.

The above sub-folders are found in the DCIM folder.

The MISC folder contains instruction sets and logs for the Osmo Pocket.

2019-4-8
Use props
Fratak
lvl.1
Ireland

Gulfstream Posted at 4-8 08:04
I did a motionlapse last night, and the folder with the .jpg files are on the card along with the .mov files

So weird! Did you make a motionlapse with smartphone or only with the Osmo?
2019-4-8
Use props
Fratak
lvl.1
Ireland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-8 08:22
There should be no need to enable it.
They are put in separate folders on the Osmo Pocket.

Thanks Ray, I'll  check better inside SDcard.
Maybe I missed something!
2019-4-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Fratak Posted at 4-8 08:45
Thanks Ray, I'll  check better inside SDcard.
Maybe I missed something!

Should look like this in Windows.
(Although yours may show another drive letter).
2019-4-8
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I'm not showing a Timelapse Folder but the low res MP4 timelapse file is there in the Media Folder ?
2019-4-8
Use props
Fratak
lvl.1
Ireland

Same for me, I did not see the Timelapse folder. Maybe was hidden in a sub folder!
I've to check that.
2019-4-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Check in the MIMO app that you have 'Timelapse Original Photo' enabled in the Pro settings and in the Photo and Pano modes you have 'jpg
+ raw' selected.
2019-4-8
Use props
Joe Williams
lvl.3
United States

It can’t be done when shooting with a 2 second interval only 3 and up. (Unless that was changed and not mentioned in this most recent FW.) It definitely has to be set to shoot both though.
2019-4-8
Use props
Fratak
lvl.1
Ireland

Resolved!Ray-CubeAce, you're right, I did not enable 'Timelapse Original Photo' in MIMO app.
Now the Osmo created the Time Lapse folder.

Guys, for create also the jpegs with yours timelapse you have to enable on MIMO app  "Timelapse Original Photo" in timelapse pro setting.

Thanks Ray
2019-4-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Fratak Posted at 4-8 10:13
Resolved!Ray-CubeAce, you're right, I did not enable 'Timelapse Original Photo' in MIMO app.
Now the Osmo created the Time Lapse folder.

Glad to be useful
I admit I had to look at my own settings to check why mine worked and yours didn't.
We all learn together.
I can't get a 2 second setting at all in timelapse, so I have my own problems
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you've adjusted the shutter speed of your Osmo Pocket into 2 sec? If yes, this 2-seconds shutter speed can be obtained when you turn off the setting for saving the original files causing to lose the JPEG images. If you would like to have an image generated during the timelapse/motion-lapse, please enable this setting on the application. Please see the instruction below. Hope that this information would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.
* App: Go to Settings, Timelapse, and turn on Timelapse Original Photo.
* Using the Osmo Pocket separately: In Timelapse mode, swipe down on the touch screen and swipe to the right, then tap the video icon.

2019-4-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-8 10:42
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you've adjusted the shutter speed of your Osmo Pocket into 2 sec? If yes, this 2-seconds shutter speed can be obtained when you turn off the setting for saving the original files causing to lose the JPEG images. If you would like to have an image generated during the timelapse/motion-lapse, please enable this setting on the application. Please see the instruction below. Hope that this information would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.
* App: Go to Settings, Timelapse, and turn on Timelapse Original Photo.
* Using the Osmo Pocket separately: In Timelapse mode, swipe down on the touch screen and swipe to the right, then tap the video icon.

Wow.
Thank you, Tony. I found the two-second mode.
I don't think I would have found that on my own even though I had the 'Original Photo' already on.
I would have not thought of swiping to the right.

Thank you again. That will be very useful to me.
2019-4-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-8 14:05
Wow.
I don't think I would have found that on my own even though I had the 'Original Photo' already on.

I think what Tony was trying to point out is that, at 2 seconds, no jpgs. I don't believe this has changed with the latest firmware
2019-4-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 4-8 14:41
I think what Tony was trying to point out is that, at 2 seconds, no jpgs. I don't believe this has changed with the latest firmware

Thanks for the additional info.
I will try it out. Odd that it can't take a jpg every two seconds but then there is a lot that's odd with the Osmo Pocket. It still does more than I thought it ever would for the price point so still pleased nonetheless.
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-8 14:05
Wow.
I don't think I would have found that on my own even though I had the 'Original Photo' already on.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I'm glad that I've managed to provide helpful information to you. Yes, if you're trying to achieve the 2 seconds shutter speed on timelapse, there are two ways to adjust the shutter speed. Please see the instruction below.

1. App: Go to Settings, Timelapse, and turn off Timelapse Original Photo.
2. Using the Osmo Pocket separately: In Timelapse mode, swipe down on the touch screen and swipe to the right, then tap the video icon.

Please note: The JPEG image will not be generated in your SD card when shooting the Timelapse mode since we turn off the setting for saving the original photo.  Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules