osmo pocket cant connect to MiA1 android cellphone using mimo app
1241 2 2019-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vishal__cr7
New
India

I'm uable to connect my osmo pocket to my MiA1 android cellphone , After connecting via usb c type adapter and after opening the mimo app it only shows How to connect . It keeps charging . I am not able to use the osmo pocket features with in the app.   I had to activate and update the osmo pocket using the sellers smartphone , is there any way i can connect it to my MIA1 please help
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day vishal__cr7. I am sorry for the trouble and and to know that you are net able to connect your MiA1 android cellphone to your DJI Osmo Pocket. Have you tried using a different mobile device that is recommended for the DJI Osmo Pocket? Upon checking the mobile device MiA1. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that theMiA1 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the MiA1 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-4-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

A lot will depend on your phone's specification, hence DJI's advice on compatibility.
However, that is full compliance.
You may get some compliance depending on your phone's specification.
First, it must be able to run version 5 or higher of the Android operating system. If it can't then forget it completely.
Second, it must be able to handle video at the minimum frame rate and resolution the Pocket can record.
So a minimum of 1920 x 1080 at 30fps. I would say maybe 25fps or 24fps but that is unlikely on a smartphone.
At that point, you may get a connection providing your phone has a minimum of 4gig of ram with at least 2 gig free. but only if you keep the Osmo Pocket set to a screen resolution your phone can handle.
Last but not least. Even if you get a connection, if the processor is not powerful enough or your ram fast enough, then the connection may be very laggy at best or connecting/disconnecting at worse.

To be honest, if the phone is not up to the maximum spec and not on their list, the chance is that the screen will lag and control will lag and not be that usable. My son complains the gimbal doesn't work as well when using his phone which has a USB-C port. You will have better luck using the base USB-C port with a conversion lead than the side port with a converter or one of the third party micro USB dongles. Why I'm not sure, but it seems worse even if you don't need a converter but your phone still needs to be more powerful.
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules