can I use Osmo Pocket with OBS studio?
48859 37 2019-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

Goodmorning everyone,
anyone managed to use Osmo Pocket with OBS studio from computer?

I suppose that to work Osmo Pocket must be recognized by the computer's operating system (MAC / PC) as a webcam but so far I have found nothing ...

Help me please, thanks.

2019-4-8
Use props
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

Gopro does it without problems
2019-4-8
Use props
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

I also found a third-party software that can do it ... obviously paying  

http://www.cosmostreamer.com/products/pocketosmo
http://www.cosmostreamer.com/products/pocketosmo
2019-4-8
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

What does it doing?
2019-4-8
Use props
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

DJDream Posted at 4-8 07:36
What does it doing?

from what I understand it gives you the possibility to manage DJI products with a PC software, but not having tried it I could not give other details.
2019-4-8
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

You need to connect to the osmo as a storage device. Turn on camera, connect usb to computer. A prompt will show on the OP asking to connect to the computer ( I forget exact words).
2019-4-8
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

(continued) Answer Yes to the prompt and then the SD card in the op should show up as an external drive.
2019-4-8
Use props
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

lummox Posted at 4-8 08:10
(continued) Answer Yes to the prompt and then the SD card in the op should show up as an external drive.

thanks Lummox but this way I get the management of the SD card content and the possibility to download the files on the computer.

what I need instead is the possibility of using Osmo Pocket inside OBS Studio in the same way as the current GoPro I'm using to do in my direction/Regia.

2019-4-8
Use props
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

BepiFlorio Posted at 4-8 09:12
thanks Lummox but this way I get the management of the SD card content and the possibility to download the files on the computer.

what I need instead is the possibility of using Osmo Pocket inside OBS Studio in the same way as the current GoPro I'm using to do in my direction/Regia.

I made this purchase assuming that this function was integrated
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that our team hasn't been tested this kind of process that our Osmo Pocket would serve as a webcam on your computer, therefore, we couldn't guarantee what would be the outcome of this scenario. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need in regards to this third-party software. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-8
Use props
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 4-8 09:23
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that our team hasn't been tested this kind of process that our Osmo Pocket would serve as a webcam on your computer, therefore, we couldn't guarantee what would be the outcome of this scenario. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need in regards to this third-party software. Thank you for understanding.

thanks DJI Tony,
but I prefer not to buy third-party software for such a basic function and hope that DJI will add this feature in a future Firmware, thanks.
2019-4-8
Use props
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 4-8 09:23
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that our team hasn't been tested this kind of process that our Osmo Pocket would serve as a webcam on your computer, therefore, we couldn't guarantee what would be the outcome of this scenario. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need in regards to this third-party software. Thank you for understanding.

DJI TONY I'm sorry ... can I ask you an indiscreet question?

Notwithstanding that I am very happy with the purchase and believe that Osmo Pocket is a great product and at the moment unique, do you think we can hope that in the future the "Webcam / Stream" function can be implemented in a new firmware or is physically impossible and should I find alternatives?

I thank you and congratulate you for this wonderful product.
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BepiFlorio Posted at 4-8 12:42
DJI TONY I'm sorry ... can I ask you an indiscreet question?

Notwithstanding that I am very happy with the purchase and believe that Osmo Pocket is a great product and at the moment unique, do you think we can hope that in the future the "Webcam / Stream" function can be implemented in a new firmware or is physically impossible and should I find alternatives?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We understand this situation and process that you wanted to achieve. No worries, we will forward this suggestion into our designated department to see if this process can be achieved in the future. Thank you for understanding. Cheers!
2019-4-8
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

BepiFlorio Posted at 4-8 07:27

Wow Cosmostreamer looks great. It even has an ability to connect RC controller and move the gimbal like pro remote rig. Very interesting.

Maker is even looking forward to add wifi streaming capablity. If he makes mobile app and RTMP steam to OBS server, it is perfect out door steaming remote rig!
2019-4-8
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

The third-party software and hardware are a raspberry pi running android with and ffmpeg encoder and a small server.
It's basically an android phone (without a SIM card) with an app like "Screen Stream over HTTP" or any other screen grabbing software.
I'm sure that this system needs a working WiFi connection to work. So is you want to use it out door, make sure that it's in reach of a working WiFi hotspot connection (your phone?)

2019-4-9
Use props
Rick Edwards
New

United States

NoëI Posted at 4-9 00:14
The third-party software and hardware are a raspberry pi running android with and ffmpeg encoder and a small server.
It's basically an android phone (without a SIM card) with an app like "Screen Stream over HTTP" or any other screen grabbing software.
I'm sure that this system needs a working WiFi connection to work. So is you want to use it out door, make sure that it's in reach of a working WiFi hotspot connection (your phone?)

Is it possible to use the Osmo pocket through an el gato cam link with a usb-c to hdmi converter cable?

Would that work as a webcam?
2019-4-23
Use props
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

Rick Edwards Posted at 4-23 03:14
Is it possible to use the Osmo pocket through an el gato cam link with a usb-c to hdmi converter cable?

Would that work as a webcam?

unfortunately from what I understand for the moment it doesn't work as a webcam in any way.

We can only hope for a firmware upgrade that introduces this functionality, but only if the connector at the bottom is USB-C 3.1, meaning that it can carry a video stream.

I hope so much because I bought it thinking we could do video streaming with OBS.

2019-4-23
Use props
Henryjjr
New

United States

Definitely looking to see if there is an option to link Osmo Pocket to OBS or Elgato Game Capture HD.  Any recent news on this front?  Love the Osmo Pocket and see lots of value in adding this feature.  Thank you.
2019-6-25
Use props
herrsch
lvl.1
Germany

I also vote for support of live streaming (via OBS Studio for example)!
2020-2-6
Use props
alexandrepaiva
New

Ireland

I was looking for the same thing: to use the DJI Osmo Action with OBS Studio.

It's a pity nobody from their team know how to make it work.
2020-4-30
Use props
Marcin Neves
New

Poland

Any news bout this - would like to know if it is possible or when it will be. Thx
2020-5-26
Use props
Henrique Ribas
New

Brazil

Any news about it?
2020-5-28
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Bump, we need streaming capabilities on the osmo pocket as we have on osmo action
2020-6-13
Use props
Nick Poverman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122185 ft
United States

No there is no way to get the signal to your computer.
2020-6-15
Use props
Nick Poverman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122185 ft
United States

BepiFlorio Posted at 2019-4-8 07:27

Its not easy to get it working on a Raspberry PI.
2020-6-15
Use props
jamborini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69682 ft
United Kingdom

Come on DJI
this is what we need right now.
2020-8-5
Use props
AreHV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 909216 ft
  • >>>
Norway

It would have been very useful if it was possible to extract live video from Osmo Pocket. Nice if DJI highlights the possibilities and or the plans for the future!
Am very pleased with the Osmo Pocket, the ability to use it as a WEB camera will make it unique.
2020-8-6
Use props
Feyyaz Durmuş
New

Turkey

Hi, any progress on this? Thanks.
2020-8-17
Use props
hendrikehlersmac.com
lvl.1

Namibia

I find it absolutely unacceptable that almost every Osmo Pocket owner asks for the webcam functionality and DJI simply ignores us since about a year - completely !
2020-8-21
Use props
jamborini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69682 ft
United Kingdom

C'mon DJI how hard can it be?
2020-8-26
Use props
Jaime Federico Valls Madrid
New

Chile

BepiFlorio Posted at 2019-4-8 07:27

hi!! Did you find anyway to do it. Without the cosmo hardware.

Thanks!
2020-9-4
Use props
djiuser_scGDeygHZGqY
New

Spain

2021 and DJI update firmware and don't add webcam function to connect with OBS. I return the Pocket and when I have it I will buy it again.
2021-2-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

It requires accessory, here is DJI answer.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 929&pid=2409684
2021-2-12
Use props
fans1ba7b5bc
New

France

You can connect usb-c to hdmi cable on the Osmo Pocket and then plug the hdmi into the Elgato Cam Link 4K and connect the Elgato to your computer to usb. Normally OBS will be able to retrieve the video stream
2021-2-24
Use props
dusjagr
New

Switzerland

I managed succesfully on Ubuntu 20.4. mostly following this:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 238&pid=2130719

2021-4-5
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

dusjagr Posted at 4-5 06:52
I managed succesfully on Ubuntu 20.4. mostly following this:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=211238&pid=2130719

This tutorial is for the Osmo ACTION, not the Osmo POCKET which has NO live streaming option in the DJI MIMO app...

Many people are hoping for the devs to include that feature in an upcoming MIMO version but it appears they don't plan to, because that's a good way to force people into buying the newer "pocket 2" version.

It's sad though because a simple software update would allow us to use our Osmo Pocket as a live streaming device... That would be cool to be able to hide all buttons as well.

We also would appreciate to have a PC driver to use it directly into OBS but they claim it's not possible (which is false, it is purely a software issue).

2021-4-28
Use props
Andrea Molinari
New

Italy

Please add this function!!
2021-10-11
Use props
Andrea Molinari
New

Italy

fans1ba7b5bc Posted at 2-24 03:08
You can connect usb-c to hdmi cable on the Osmo Pocket and then plug the hdmi into the Elgato Cam Link 4K and connect the Elgato to your computer to usb. Normally OBS will be able to retrieve the video stream

Really??
2021-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules