Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does the phone make a difference?
2026 13 2019-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3
United States

So, does the quality of the phone make a difference to ensuring connectivity to the Spark when connected to the remote control via OTG cable.

If i use a cheap phone VS Samsung S10 for example will connection be better or does the phone make NO difference?
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Steven Hawthorne. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As long as the phone is recommended for the DJI Spark then you will have no issue with compatibility and reliability. This phones are tested and optimized for both the said drone and with the DJI Go 4 application. For additional reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark. Have a safe and happy flying always.

2019-4-8
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-8 12:53
Hello and good day Steven Hawthorne. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As long as the phone is recommended for the DJI Spark then you will have no issue with compatibility and reliability. This phones are tested and optimized for both the said drone and with the DJI Go 4 application. For additional reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark. Have a safe and happy flying always.

[view_image]

is there a FULL list of phones somewhere?
2019-4-8
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

As far as I know, that's the full, APPROVED list.  Someone on the forum might tell you whether your phone will work or not.  I can tell you iPhone users have better results from the posts on this forum I've seen.  I have an old 6S and have never used OTG and never had any connectivity issues.
2019-4-8
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3
United States

Steven Hawthorne Posted at 4-8 13:10

So no LG or Motorola phones approved? Or many other brands for that matter???
2019-4-8
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

You can't see where your drone is flying or what the camera sees but I tried flying close to myself without a phone and the spark worked fine.
2019-4-8
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Hello Steven, here is a list of devices updated on the basis of official recommendation and also user feedback. Hope it helps.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
2019-4-8
Use props
SparkGoFly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wanted to add that I have a Google Pixel 3xl and it works great as well although not listed as an improved phone.  But I do use an iPad Mini as my main display as I heard that IOS devices seem to work better with DJI products and the Mini is dedicated to my spark only I don't use it for anything else.  Just my 2 cents.
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the reply Steven Hawthorne. As of the moment this are the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Spark. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list in the future.
2019-4-9
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

I used to have a Mi5 , that phone would easily overheat and give odd results for the spark, even being on the approved list. Currently using Samsung galaxy s9 works great
2019-4-9
Use props
djfickle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266549 ft
United States

It's not on the list but a Huawei (H1711) Ascend XT2 prepaid for ATT works very good, has Qualcomm Snapdragon 435, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage that can be extended on external sd micro. Picked mine up on sale for $67.
2019-4-9
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Steven Hawthorne Posted at 4-8 13:28

I don't think it's on the list, but Sylvester worked great with my Motorola Turbo with an OTG cable.
2019-4-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Steven Hawthorne Posted at 4-8 13:28

Aside that the list is only showing a selection that DJI has successfully checked, there will never be a list of "not good for DJI Go4".
Which means you can never be sure, before you try.
I'd say that almost every droid with 3 or 4 GB Ram, lots of ROM (available) and a higher snapdragon CPU (2+Ghz, minimum 4 cores, better 8) should have the abilities for the Go4.
I have a redmi note 4, a OnePlus 5 and a Huawei  Mediapad M3 (8.4), droid 7, 8, 9 running,  in working condition for the Spark.
However, my LG G4 didn't want connect at all, a couple of lower ranges Galaxys (J5, J7), were also not a good deal.

But there are lots of posts (google!), naming LG's and Moto's for Go4 use!
2019-4-10
Use props
SparkGoFly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

SparkGoFly Posted at 4-9 04:58
Just wanted to add that I have a Google Pixel 3xl and it works great as well although not listed as an improved phone.  But I do use an iPad Mini as my main display as I heard that IOS devices seem to work better with DJI products and the Mini is dedicated to my spark only I don't use it for anything else.  Just my 2 cents.

Just an update... I was on Android 9 on my Pixel 3xl and all the DJI apps worked great... I recently enrolled in the Android Beta 10 program... and not one of the DJI apps work yet... yes I know it is the Android beta version I just wanted people to be aware... that is why  I use the Ipad Mini for all my DJI products, which is soon to include the Mavic Air and Osmo Action Camera.  Again just my .2 cents of my own experience.

Thanks
2019-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules