Inspire 1 is almost perfect
3778 55 2015-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-6-9 23:13
First off...love the post!  May I ask your opinion - especially on your final paragraph - with the c ...

If you're asking if I think there will be an impact on Metrice 100 sales from DJI's minimalist approach to communications about the I1, I absolutely do believe there will be.  Certainly there will be I1 customers and others who WILL invest in the new platform - nothing is ever absolute.  But I think they will sell fewer new aircraft than they would have if a casual visitor to this and other forums walked away with the impression of a highly responsive manufacturer who affirmatively communicates about problems, goes the extra mile to remedy defects and make damaged customers whole, and actively solicits user input.  Sadly although I think DJI has in many ways been responsive in remedying defects, they do it very quietly and without wanting to alert the rest of the base.  So even when they make something right, no one hears about it.  The result is an image that poorly serves DJI, and I absolutely do think that will negatively affect sales across all platforms.
2015-6-9
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-9 15:45
Thank you for your post - it is really important that someone tells what a greate device the Inspi ...

I just hope I can pick up the business that they are leaving behind then.  Grounding it till when?  Do these same people not drive their cars now because of the airbag recall?
2015-6-9
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-9 22:26
I certainly see your point Pete.  I agree it would boost confidence if DJI were a bit more forthri ...

Completely agree.  Again, thousands of years of culture and job loss fear I am sure.  We have had decent responses from DJI as a dealer but I can see how users can be frustrated.
2015-6-9
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-6-9 23:13
First off...love the post!  May I ask your opinion - especially on your final paragraph - with the c ...

The Matrice is a work/development platform for guys using the SDK, for education, and probably for mining/agriculture.
This will allow third parties to develop and work around the tools being given.
The true professional work products are the S900 and S1000.
At least that is how I see it.  I don't see the I1 being EOF anytime soon.
People need to not take silence as meaning change.
2015-6-9
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

I think that what happened is that people who has great experience with inspire 1 (me and many others) are not as needed to share them in this forum, as some few that have really experience problems and wonder if they are alone with that. I am shure that we, the satisfied, are a great percentage of all the owners, but those with problems are who needs this forum the most.
2015-6-9
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-9 11:49
Absolutely!  There are experienced people having very real and measurable issues.  

I ...

Some unknown manufacture defect units , some firmware bugs , some rainy night on the third Tuesday of the week undiagnosed unduplicatable incidents , and some setup and fly errors then ....
2015-6-9
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

daver/m Posted at 2015-6-10 03:58
Some unknown manufacture defect units , some firmware bugs , some rainy night on the third Tuesday ...

If 90% of us don't experience any of the issues you mention then yes.  

If 90% of us do experience them then no.

The problem is the sample size of those speaking up is 100% on the negative unless we balance it with success stories.

My Inspire 1 works as promised and has been completely reliable.   What else can I say?
2015-6-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-9 19:17
Rich,

When reducing the brake setting does it state in the app the number you are reducing it to  ...

GB
Yes, it tells the number as you move the slider. The default setting is 100 and just be careful to move this in small amounts until you get the feel you are looking for. I flew mine last night at 79 and moved it back to 80. When you let off the stick it slides into position rather than braking hard and bouncing.  

Rich
2015-6-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-9 01:09
I'm not talking about someone who did something as a hobbyist in the 70s and then came back to it t ...

Hey Pete,
I agree with you but we must keep in mind that the more technology we support inside the aircraft, the more potential failures that can happen without warning.

Its not just the old stick and rudder days any longer. Electronics do not like extreme cold or heat and vibration. Guess what this is the nature of our aircraft. I have seen small unnoticed vibration work on the electronics of old and then it would lock up or fly away (I got hit/ somebody turned their radio on my frequency)... Sometimes the damage of the aircraft totally destroys the root cause of the crash.   I am a believer in balancing the props, no matter how slight you think they may be off. Check the bearings for smoothness, make sure everything is in good condition and tests out during the preflight. If something is not working right, check it out before putting it into the air.

Rich
2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-6-10 08:06
GB
Yes, it tells the number as you move the slider. The default setting is 100 and just be careful ...

Rich,

Thanks for that I think I will give this a try, and will take on board your advice, perhaps just take it down in increments of 5% so that there is no major flight changes.

Cheers.
2015-6-10
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-6-10 08:18
Hey Pete,
I agree with you but we must keep in mind that the more technology we support inside the ...

You're completely right - but with the increase in technology and the potential for increased product failure comes the need for more responsiveness from the company.  I think that's where the problem is.
2015-6-10
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-11 03:01
You're completely right - but with the increase in technology and the potential for increased prod ...

Hey Pete,
Do you think they are trying to protect the property rights of the hardware? I really hope they lighten up and start sharing with us about the technology our aircraft. It would be nice to troubleshoot the problems when they arise.
So many copy cats are going to market with essentially the same ideas. Time will tell how ends up with the customers and best service after the sale.
Rich
2015-6-10
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-10 16:11
Rich,

Thanks for that I think I will give this a try, and will take on board your advice, perhaps ...

Hey GB,

At 80% the aircraft glides to a stop instead of hitting the brakes hard.... But it is whatever you get used to. You need to practice with the lower settings so you don't get into trouble.
2015-6-10
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-6-11 09:20
Hey Pete,
Do you think they are trying to protect the property rights of the hardware? I really ho ...

I doubt their behavior with us reflects concern about the stealing of trade secrets.  All a competitor has to do is buy one Inspire and take it apart.  There's really no way to stop that and I'm sure DJI knows it.

No, I just think in China customers are much more willing to take what they get without question - that's the culture there and has been for hundreds of years.  Our culture, in which the customer is king and expects accountability from vendors, is completely alien to them.  I'm convinced that's what the problem is.
2015-6-10
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-11 10:35
I doubt their behavior with us reflects concern about the stealing of trade secrets.  All a compet ...

Great way of stating it.  Think you are correct.
2015-6-13
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-10 06:07
If 90% of us don't experience any of the issues you mention then yes.  

If 90% of us do experience ...

Right right ! Happy with mine so far too...
2015-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules