How long do you with the M2P to color-grade videos?
567 5 2019-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingV
lvl.2
United States

I was decided on the pro vs the zoom but I read several reviews saying that the image out of the box on the pro is richer but flat and requires to be color graded to make it look more normal.Do you shoot in DLog-M, HLG or Normal and How long do you with the M2P to color-grade videos?

PS: I am not in the video businesss and it looks like the zoom might be better suited for me ???
2019-4-8
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

If you apply DJI LUT to D Log footage, color grading does not take time.
2019-4-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have some presets that I use in Sony Vegas and change to taste.
In general, the zoom has a little bit more options (being able to zoom), but the 'pro' is a bit better in low light and high contrast situations.
2019-4-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm a big fan of the Zoom
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day FlyingV. Thank you for choosing DJI and for reaching out. I hope that you can get the best tips and informarmation from our DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and on how long do they color-grade there videos? Thank you for your support.
2019-4-9
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

The Normal Mode on the Mavic 2 pro is great so you don't need to color grade if you don't fell comfortable with it. In my case, I spend a few hours with every video because editing is much more than color grading.
You get the Pro because it has a 1' sensor that is far superior to the 1/2.3' sensor on the Mavic in terms of richness (more organic), depth (dynamic range) and low light capabilities (ISO performance).
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules