Lost drone in rainforest
1107 6 2019-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Csuchem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116670 ft
United States

Clipped a tree yesterday in El Yunque in Puerto Rico while the drone was in active track mode.  I didn't see it fly out if the tree and crash and I cannot find it for the life of me.  I had plenty of battery life but honestly didn't realize there was an option to have it make noise... May have helped not sure.

Either way I have conflicting information regarding where it landed based on the flight data and the find my drone option.  The flight data says it flew another 50ish feet and dropped about 40 feet vertically.  When I go to the area where it is my phone GPS is only so accurate and the rainforest is so dense and steep I don't know where to begin.  The side where it landed is a vertical hill and no idea if it only goes up or down on the other side.

Here are the conflicting data regarding where it landed (pics have gps coordinates on them) and the log from the flight.  I have today left to go look, I've pretty much written it off.

And help much appreciated

Log file https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5PFO2INA008E1871MXWT/

2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Csuchem. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Spark. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-4-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Csuchem,

Had a look at your flight, my guess it dropped down at the yellow marking. (18.32854200 / -65.76066400)
next records in the log a GpsPositionNonMatch error, so imo next LatLon positions are incorrect.

Hope you can find your drone out there.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-4-9
Use props
Csuchem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116670 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 4-9 10:53
Hi Csuchem,

Had a look at your flight, my guess it dropped down at the yellow marking. (18.32854200 / -65.76066400)
[Image]

Thanks for looking.  That's initially where I focused my search prior to seeing that it may have flown across the road.  I spent the better part of two hours in a 20 foot radius but it's so steep and thick I couldn't see anything.  Plus everything there either cuts or bites... The trees have 1/2" thorns and so do the leaves.

I also looked on the other side but still no luck.  Gave the coordinates to the rangers, offered $100 to anyone who finds it (I want my footage even if the drone is a total loss).

Guess I'll be getting another... Wish I didn't have so many accessories so I could upgrade to the air
2019-4-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-4-10
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that
2019-4-10
Use props
Fotorican
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

You're not to fly your drone there anyways. It's a state Park with endangered species that can be scared or injured by a drone.
2021-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules