Mavic Dual Audio?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wpdadmin
lvl.2

United States

My police department just purchased the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual for search and rescue and SWAT operations.  I have flown a few test flights and tested the accessories.  I noticed that there is no audio recording with the video.  Is there a way to turn on audio recording?  This is a huge problem for us and most police departments.  If we are using the speaker in a SWAT operation and are announcing instructions to a suspect, we need to be able to record the announcement and the suspects response, if any.  Also if in a search and rescue operation we need to be able to hear any response to the audio announcement.

Can someone tell me if DJi just didn't think audio recording was important or is there a setting that I need to adjust to record audio?

Thanks
2019-4-9
Use props
RStepan
lvl.1

United States

We use ours for law enforcement support as well, and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong but the drones themselves (of nearly any make) do not record audio from the Drone itself. I can imagine all you would hear is prop noise if it did.
2019-4-9
Use props
wpdadmin
lvl.2

United States

The previous drone I flew for work had a GoPro that recorded audio.  I just took it for granted that if DJI built a speaker to search and rescue, they would also understand how important it would be to hear any responses to what the speaker put out.  The GoPro captured a lot of prop noise, but that was also on an S900.  The Mavic is is much less noisy and you could probably hear much better.
2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules