Card Reader Problem: CineSSD Station USB 3.0, Fix?
4720 5 2019-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James Powers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3090213 ft
United States

Hello,

As excited as I was to finally take advantage of the high-res capability of the X7 camera,, on the Inspire 2, I was reluctant to start using the SSD drives that come in the 120gb, 240gb, and 480gb flavors.

When transfering footage from the SSD cards to a PC, using the DJI CineSSD Station (USB 3.0), my transfer start amazing fast (300+ MB/s) and then take a sharp dive to zero bytes?

Would anyone know what could be causing this on my Windows 10 PC?

If I connect the CineSSD Card Reader to my Macbook, and transfer, I do not have this issue.

I did find a solution, but I'm not sure if it is a long-term solution.

File Transfer

File Transfer

The Fix:

• On your computer's drive list (Devices & Drives), right click the CineSSD/Reader/Drive and select, "Properties"
  • Click the, "Hardware" tab
  • Click/Highlight, "DJI RO v1.01 USB Device
  • Click "Properties"
  • Click, "Change Settings"
  • In the new "DJI_RO" window, select, "Policies" tab
  • Under, "Removal Policy" select, "Better Performance"
  • Under, now play with these settings -- either keep them on or off to see what works: "Write-Caching Policy" select, "Enable Write Caching On Device"

Right Click, "Properties"

Right Click, "Properties"

Click, "Change Settings"

Click, "Change Settings"

Select, "dji_RO"

Select, "dji_RO"

Under, "Removal"

Under, "Removal"

This has helped, but I still have slow issues and it is incredibly frustrating. Can anyone help? This is not an issue on my Mac and I am transfer via USB 3.0, from the SSD reader to fast, Solid State SSDs and other drives and I keep getting this flatline "Speed: 0bytes/s" after an inital quick boost.

Check out the screen shots.

Thanks in advance
2019-4-9
Use props
MiLeuthner
New

Germany

Same issue
Windows 10
i7-8700k

64GB RAM
USB 3.1

2019-6-22
Use props
rotortao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1817428 ft
Denmark

Same here!
I am 99% certain that culprit is one of the latest windows update.
Because when I install an older windows system mirror backup everything works great.
Then windows starts updating and when it finishes the Cinessd only runs for about 30 seconds or so before it goes dead and I have to reboot to make it work again.
And just to be sure I reinstalled the old mirror backup and the Cinessd worked like a charm until windows was finished updating..
I have tried installing the latest USB drivers for my ASUS motherboard to no avail.
2020-2-17
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

When I'm copying large, single files like ProRes I'm getting continous 280-290MB/S on win10.
When copying tons of small sized files like CinemaDNG I'm getting 180-220MB/S. Also on a up to date Win10 System.
This works on 3 different work stations with different builds. Just copied files today.

What I have seen is that some usb controllers break down in transfer speed after a short wile.
Especialy on notebook, even worse if they are not connected to a power socket.
Worst are usually Mac's. I have seen transfer speeds of only 60MB/S on set.
2020-2-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Coyut Posted at 2-17 07:44
When I'm copying large, single files like ProRes I'm getting continous 280-290MB/S on win10.
When copying tons of small sized files like CinemaDNG I'm getting 180-220MB/S. Also on a up to date Win10 System.
This works on 3 different work stations with different builds. Just copied files today.

That's why Thunderbolt 3 reader version is twice the USB 3 version price tag ...
2020-2-17
Use props
Sci Fly Ry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9070233 ft
  • >>>
United States

So pretty much DJI passed the buck to Microsoft who has done nothing?
2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules