program Tello to land on target
10505 9 2019-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GortBot
New

United States

Has anyone done this and if so, could they please provide some guidance. Would the Tello edu be better for this? Any thoughts would be greatley appreciated.
2019-4-9
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

Tello Edu is programmable.  DroneBlocks, Scratch and Python can be used to fly “missions”.  There are Tello apps that allow setting a home point and then returning to home as well.  These are done using the visual positioning system (VPS). Accuracy totally depends on VPS.  If you have expectations for landing on a pad, consistently and automatically (within inches) I’m not sure that’s possible without GPS and down facing cameras used by some quads for “precision landing.”  Regardless, if you do want to program flights, TelloEdu is the way to go.  
2019-4-10
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi, GortBot, we are sorry to reply you late. Here is the internal website of the manual for Mission Pad, https://www.ryzerobotics#com/tello-edu/downloads. Relative to Tello edu, Tello can't be used to fly with mission pad. If you want to program Tello to land on target precisely, please choose a place with good light and the ground with clear texture. At the same time, Tello edu also need such environmental conditions. The mission pads are used to confirm which pads under itself and where it is.
I hope my answer will help you. Thanks for communicating with us
2019-4-12
Use props
Marcos Roque
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello there @RYZE
When you wrote "If you want to program Tello to land on target precisely, please choose a place with good light and the ground with clear texture" you mean that a bottom camera view is available on Tello (not Edu) too?
Is there a sample or manual on how we could manage to use a floor target to accomplish that?
Thanks in advance!
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_kTazvp5bZkOm
New

RYZE Posted at 4-12 01:10
Hi, GortBot, we are sorry to reply you late. Here is the internal website of the manual for Mission Pad, https://www.ryzerobotics#com/tello-edu/downloads. Relative to Tello edu, Tello can't be used to fly with mission pad. If you want to program Tello to land on target precisely, please choose a place with good light and the ground with clear texture. At the same time, Tello edu also need such environmental conditions. The mission pads are used to confirm which pads under itself and where it is.
I hope my answer will help you. Thanks for communicating with us

Hi,
I am totally excited to know that Tello can be program to land too. May I know, how do I access the bottom facing camera? Any link for me to refer to it's sdk?
2019-10-15
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_kTazvp5bZkOm Posted at 10-15 22:38
Hi,
I am totally excited to know that Tello can be program to land too. May I know, how do I access the bottom facing camera? Any link for me to refer to it's sdk?

They are visual positioning sensors, not camera's...
2019-10-16
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_kTazvp5bZkOm Posted at 10-15 22:38
Hi,

Hi, thanks for your time reaching us. The bottom camera is part of the Vision position system, rather a camera used to catch the bottom view. Thus pretty sorry that it is unreachable.
2019-10-17
Use props
djiuser_kTazvp5bZkOm
New

Malaysia

RYZE Posted at 10-17 17:20
Hi, thanks for your time reaching us. The bottom camera is part of the Vision position system, rather a camera used to catch the bottom view. Thus pretty sorry that it is unreachable.

Hi. May I know what do you mean by "it is not reachable"? Does Tello support SDK2. 0?
2019-10-18
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_kTazvp5bZkOm Posted at 10-18 04:20
Hi. May I know what do you mean by "it is not reachable"? Does Tello support SDK2. 0?

Hi. The bottom camera is part of the Vision position system. We aren't able to get the view from it. And Tello can be used in SDK1.3. Only Tello EDU drones can be used in SDK2.0.
2019-10-21
Use props
Sver
New

Netherlands

Hei !   You can use the program Svercode to send UDP commands to your tello. You can write easily the command in a textfile. Thats all. Coding knowledge isn't required. The commands in the youtube video is not complete, but in the program is updated.
2019-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules