12Next >
24132 50 2019-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ak127
lvl.2
United States

Hello,

I've recently updated my device to the latest firmware. I have successfully connected my ronin S to the A7iii using the MCC-C cable. I've tested it by using the rec start/stop button succesfully to start/stop recording. But I can't get the focus wheel to pull focus. Even in Manual Focus mode. I've tried to turn the gimbal and camera on and off. restart my devices etc. but the focus just won't change. Please help!
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ak127, may we verify the status indicator of the Focus Wheel? Did you follow the guideline to set it properly? GTScreenshot_20190410_173111.png
2019-4-10
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

Sure, Status indicator is showing solid green. I followed the guide "when using Mcc-c cable" exactly as shown.
2019-4-10
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-10 01:44
Hi ak127, may we verify the status indicator of the Focus Wheel? Did you follow the guideline to set it properly?[view_image]

Hello? are you there?
2019-4-12
Use props
djiuser_7Phd36Q0rCht
New

Brazil

Hello,

Check if the firmware version of the camera is at 3.00 (last) ... in my ok working the focus wheel. I'm having trouble with the create functions only, if you can help me, I'm very grateful.
In my A7 III Ronin is not doing the shots for timelapse and for motionlapse, just by performing the moves ... I'm using the MCC-MULTI cable. How do I use these functions? Thanks in advance!
2019-4-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ak127 Posted at 4-12 09:48
Hello? are you there?

Sorry for the late response, may I verify if you have tried to mount the Focus Wheel on another side? If there is no luck, any chance to share us a short video for further support? Besides, what is the firmware version of your camera?
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7Phd36Q0rCht Posted at 4-14 22:25
Hello,

Check if the firmware version of the camera is at 3.00 (last) ... in my ok working the focus wheel. I'm having trouble with the create functions only, if you can help me, I'm very grateful.

Hi there, may I verify what is your sequence to power on the Ronin-S and the camera? Can you start/stop recording video and capture pictures?
2019-4-15
Use props
djiuser_7Phd36Q0rCht
New

Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-15 00:16
Hi there, may I verify what is your sequence to power on the Ronin-S and the camera? Can you start/stop recording video and capture pictures?

Yes, all other functions work perfectly, I can pause / start recordings and use the focus wheel. First I turn on Ronin, then turn on the camera, does it influence the operation? I do not know what may be happening ... the camera is set to manual mode and the PC REMOTE + CAMERA option is active. I am using multi cable ...

I look forward to returning, I am very eager to use the creative functions.
Thank you!
2019-4-15
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-15 00:16
Hi there, may I verify what is your sequence to power on the Ronin-S and the camera? Can you start/stop recording video and capture pictures?

Yes, I turn on the Ronin, then i turn on the camera. The camera shows that the sync is successful. Yes I can start stop recording. I can't take pictures because it is not supported with the MCC-C cable.
2019-4-16
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_7Phd36Q0rCht Posted at 4-15 09:10
Yes, all other functions work perfectly, I can pause / start recordings and use the focus wheel. First I turn on Ronin, then turn on the camera, does it influence the operation? I do not know what may be happening ... the camera is set to manual mode and the PC REMOTE + CAMERA option is active. I am using multi cable ...

You can't use the focus wheel with the sony's multi input- it has to be the USB-C input to work.

Cheers
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7Phd36Q0rCht Posted at 4-15 09:10
Yes, all other functions work perfectly, I can pause / start recordings and use the focus wheel. First I turn on Ronin, then turn on the camera, does it influence the operation? I do not know what may be happening ... the camera is set to manual mode and the PC REMOTE + CAMERA option is active. I am using multi cable ...

What is the version of your Ronin APP? Did you try to re-install the APP? If the issue persists, any chance to share us a short video?
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ak127 Posted at 4-16 07:21
Yes, I turn on the Ronin, then i turn on the camera. The camera shows that the sync is successful. Yes I can start stop recording. I can't take pictures because it is not supported with the MCC-C cable.

We need a sample video for further analysis, any chance to provide us a short video?
2019-4-17
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

Focus wheel does not work
https://youtu.be/Tyfn7KNAc2A
2019-5-6
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-17 02:14
We need a sample video for further analysis, any chance to provide us a short video?

I've posted the video. Please respond
2019-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ak127 Posted at 5-11 16:04
I've posted the video. Please respond

Sorry for the late response, please reply to one of my posts directly so that I can get the notification and reply timely.
May I verify which lens are you using? Pulling Focus is available with the supported E-mount lenses using MCC-C cable. Is the Auto-focus working?
2019-5-13
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-13 00:47
Sorry for the late response, please reply to one of my posts directly so that I can get the notification and reply timely.
May I verify which lens are you using? Pulling Focus is available with the supported E-mount lenses using MCC-C cable. Is the Auto-focus working?

I am using the G master 24-70.
2019-5-25
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

Sorry for the late response, please reply to one of my posts directly so that I can get the notification and reply timely.

The autofocus is working
2019-5-25
Use props
Chris_E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243474 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm using the same setup and the focus wheel is working.
2019-5-28
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

Hello Mindy, Can you please reply?
2019-6-5
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

Chris_E Posted at 5-28 00:43
I'm using the same setup and the focus wheel is working.

Interesting, glad i'm not the only one. Sounds like it may be an issue with the firmware then.
2019-6-5
Use props
NickNine
lvl.1
Australia

I'm having the same issue. I'm on the Ronin-S and Sony A7iii, both with the newest firmware re-applied. I can fire record, but the focus doesn't work even though the light is green.
2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ak127 Posted at 5-25 10:11

Hi, thank you for providing the information, I'll confirm it for you with our engineers, if there is an update, I'll let you know at the first time.
2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NickNine Posted at 6-5 16:35
I'm having the same issue. I'm on the Ronin-S and Sony A7iii, both with the newest firmware re-applied. I can fire record, but the focus doesn't work even though the light is green.

Hi NickNine, have you troubleshooted as ak127 did?  If there is still no good luck, could you please share us a short video for further support?
2019-6-6
Use props
djiuser_bo734BACNZQq
New
Flight distance : 261398 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having the same issue.

A73 and Ronin S both have the latest firmware.

I can record but no focus control.

2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ak127 Posted at 5-25 10:11

Hi, please turn the lens to AF and try again, thanks.
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_bo734BACNZQq Posted at 6-6 02:34
I'm having the same issue.

A73 and Ronin S both have the latest firmware.

Hi, you are recommended to share us a short video for further support, thanks.
2019-6-7
Use props
fanse99c9054
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-7 00:07
Hi, you are recommended to share us a short video for further support, thanks.

I am having exactly the same issue as above.
2019-6-24
Use props
fanse99c9054
lvl.1
United States

ak127 Posted at 6-5 10:29
Hello Mindy, Can you please reply?

Hi, I am wondering if you have discovered any fix yet. I am having the same issues.
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse99c9054 Posted at 6-24 17:04
I am having exactly the same issue as above.

Hi there, sorry to know you have the same problem, please make sure to turn on the Ronin-S before the camera, then ensure the settings are correct according to my post in 2#.
If the issue persists, may we verify what is the color of the Status Indicator? Does other control function work?
2019-6-28
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

Looks like this is a widespread issue.
2019-7-2
Use props
Chris_E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243474 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ak127 Posted at 7-2 15:59
Looks like this is a widespread issue.

No, it isn't. Mine is working perfectly fine.
2019-7-3
Use props
NickNine
lvl.1
Australia

Hi folks, just wanted to share how I got this working. If you have a switch on the lens for AF/MF is has to be set to AF for the lens to talk to the camera and by extension the Ronin. So, set lens switch to AF, and set focus in camera to MF, the focus wheel now works for me just fine!
2019-7-7
Use props
GKFwork
lvl.1
Germany

I having the same trouble. Did all setting as said above but no way to pull the focus. Lens is a prime  Sony 1.8/85
I get a message look at the picture
Only optical Zoom setting working
What does this mean? Which setting I can change?
Thanks Gesa
2019-7-11
Use props
Cattitude
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hi, I am also having the same issue with my brand new MCC Multi-Cable. Using a supported lens. The focus wheel is solid green light. Record button works, but when I try to pull focus, I get a popup on my A7III (This operation or setting not available as follows > File Format > RAW). I have tried several lenses and none work. All firmware is up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2019-7-11
Use props
hendryhendry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17454 ft
Indonesia

I used the SIGMA Adapter to connect a7mk iii to Canon Lens 17-40 EF 4 L. Will this set up affect the capability to do focus pulling on ronin S? It is not working currently with my MCC C
2019-7-13
Use props
Explorer23
lvl.1
Switzerland

Cattitude Posted at 7-11 18:47
Hi, I am also having the same issue with my brand new MCC Multi-Cable. Using a supported lens. The focus wheel is solid green light. Record button works, but when I try to pull focus, I get a popup on my A7III (This operation or setting not available as follows > File Format > RAW). I have tried several lenses and none work. All firmware is up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[view_image]

Reset your camera setting (not factory reset!)
This will make it work again or at least in my case did it. (Only 'ZOOM' functionalities A9)
2019-7-14
Use props
Explorer23
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-28 00:50
Hi there, sorry to know you have the same problem, please make sure to turn on the Ronin-S before the camera, then ensure the settings are correct according to my post in 2#.
If the issue persists, may we verify what is the color of the Status Indicator? Does other control function work?

Hello Mindy

I had the RAW error as seen before and I did following:
Reset your camera setting (not factory reset!)
This will make it work again or at least in my case did it. (Only 'ZOOM' functionalities A9)

Do you know if the Focus-Wheel should shift focus on the A9 with FW5 or just i.e. CIZ?
2019-7-14
Use props
Henrique Bispo
New

United Kingdom

After hours trying to make the 16-35mm 2.8 GM work with the focus wheel, I finally got it solved by turning on AF on the lens and customizing the AEL button to AF/MF Ctrl Toggle. As soon as you toggle between modes it starts working.
2019-7-19
Use props
adrian prada
New
Colombia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-15 00:13
Sorry for the late response, may I verify if you have tried to mount the Focus Wheel on another side? If there is no luck, any chance to share us a short video for further support? Besides, what is the firmware version of your camera?

hello, do you know if the focus wheel works with this rokinon autofocus lens for sony?
2019-7-21
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

NickNine Posted at 7-7 15:48
Hi folks, just wanted to share how I got this working. If you have a switch on the lens for AF/MF is has to be set to AF for the lens to talk to the camera and by extension the Ronin. So, set lens switch to AF, and set focus in camera to MF, the focus wheel now works for me just fine!

THANK YOU!!! Let's see if this works!
2019-7-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules