Drone flew away...
3197 11 2019-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boozy
lvl.1

United States

I was just flying my mavic pro, close proximity, less than 100 feet away and it suddenly glitched, lost connection and instead of returning home, it flew steadily away, i could not recover the connection so i assumed after the battery go low it would return, it always has before, it did not... it crashed on the side of a mountain in a heavily wooded area, I would say there's a lot of damage, is this a software issue? a hardware issue? with so many safeguards and it's regular performance i didn't think this could happen, i've located it with Find my drone, but i'm not even sure I can reach the location, i have insurance but they are gonna give me a real hard time if i can't produce the drone...

2019-4-9
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Post your flight log, nobody here can tell you what happened without it.
2019-4-9
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

yes here:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2019-4-9
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Sorry to know that mate
2019-4-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I would say there's a lot of damage, is this a software issue? a hardware issue?

As mentioned, uploading flight logs from your SmartDevice that was running GO-4 would be needed.
Recovering your drone, and getting Black Box data from it would give more information.

After recovering your drone, suggest opening a case with DJI for analysis.

2019-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

If the insurance is dji care you really need to find the drone, if problem was a malfunction and it shows up on your device flight log then your craft will be covered by warranty.

It sounds like you lost gps which is common in the mountains, but until you post logs it’s hard to tell .
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the mishap that happens to your previous flight. We highly recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4app and contact our support using the link below for further help in order for us to provide an appropriate resolution. Please note that if the drone is no longer part of the warranty period, the data analysis can't be applied. Thank you for understanding. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

www.dji.com/support
2019-4-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that
2019-4-12
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-10 10:17
Hi, we're sorry to know about the mishap that happens to your previous flight. We highly recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4app and contact our support using the link below for further help in order for us to provide an appropriate resolution. Please note that if the drone is no longer part of the warranty period, the data analysis can't be applied. Thank you for understanding. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

www.dji.com/support

One of my subscribers recently complained of the same issue, namely that his Mavic suddenly descended into the ocean because it temporarily got confused and stated it was in an airport NFZ (with the closest being 40 miles away).
DJI again stated that as the drone was out of warranty, there was nothing they could do.
This seems very poor.
If the Mavic destroys itself solely due to a software error, then not only is this a dangerous situation, but DJI absolutely should replace the drone.  There is no wear and tear in this example; it's a software error. which the user has no control over....
2019-4-13
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Wellsi Posted at 4-13 23:28
One of my subscribers recently complained of the same issue, namely that his Mavic suddenly descended into the ocean because it temporarily got confused and stated it was in an airport NFZ (with the closest being 40 miles away).
DJI again stated that as the drone was out of warranty, there was nothing they could do.
This seems very poor.

I definitely agree.  At least offer a generous discount for a new drone.  Though I do understand that route may not appear 'cost effective', when applied to the thousands of potential incidents, it would definitely spark more rigorous QA in production and deployment.
2019-4-26
Use props
Roblio
New
United States

Any outcome on this?
2019-5-9
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Seems like DJI Air and PRO products are having more issues than DJI SPARK.  i always use to maintain my thoughts about DJI outsourcing their software for these products and hence having issues related to the app.
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules