Ipad Pilot app disconnects on every flight since updates!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyMF
lvl.2

Canada

I'm not sure what's going on but the last few times I've flown my P3P, I'm getting a random disconnection from my Pilot app.

It's happened each time when the bird is within 100' and within line of sight. It's quite nerve racking each time and today it happened again.

The one thing I noticed is that the app disconnected, then the 'Trust this computer' message popped up again on my ipad. It already asked me to confirm at the start when I connected everything but the fact that its popping up mid flight and I have no visual on my screen is very concerning.

I'm running 1.1.9 and the latest IOS version.

I can also say that this never happened once on the previous versions so it seems like its something related to the firmware on the P3 or the app.

It re-connected again after 30 seconds or so and I brought it down safely but I'm concerned this will lead to a disaster very soon.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2015-6-6
Use props
Pilot4Delta
lvl.1

United States

I have been having the same problem and so far have found no solution. It would be great if someone from DJI would say they know of the issue and are working to fix it.
2015-6-6
Use props
Flash123
lvl.3

United States

I had the same problem today, for the first time. It is a little nerve racking until the Pilot App started working again. (Nexus 7 2013)
2015-6-6
Use props
phichaklim
lvl.2

Thailand

I had this problem before and found the solution by replacing the 3rd party Lightning cable with the genuine one from Apple.
2015-6-6
Use props
sheinisch
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, I had an disconnect/re-connect during my second flight and I couldn't find a reason for that. During my last two flights (I guess the 18th and 19th of my Phantom3 Pro), I had connection issues again, but I think these could be explained. I use the iOS app on an iPad Air 1. I use a 20cm Apple-certified 3rd Party Lightning cable.

Since my first disconnect, I have done the following before each flight:
- Leave my mobile phone in the car or at least 20m away from me and/or the Phantom.
- Disable all 'auto-update in the background' functions of the apps.
- Cleare all apps from the iPads Memory.
- Switch on airplane mode on the iPad.

This has worked well and without any issue - since the last two flights. I wanted to take videos from a construction site, a new autobahn here in Germany. My starting point was one of the bridges 10m over that. The bridges have a kind of wide metal fence, which is app. 1.40 m high. The bars are app. 4 cm strong and the gaps are app. 30 cm wide.

Standing 2 m away from the fence and while flying further away, the fence seemed to interfere more and more. Even while holding the antennas above the height of the fence, I started to get warnings at app. 250m of horizontal distance. The Phantom was at that time app. 10 m above the level of the fence.

Stepping up to the fence and holding the remote controller slightly over the fence solved the connection issue.

I was surprised that the fence did interfere that much, even while the remote controller and the drone were in a line of sight. The same effect might have occurred during my first real disconnect, because these was a mesh fence in app. 4m distance and within the line of sight.

So, just as an advice... look for metals or metal structures around you - the Phantom seems to be quite sensitive in that respect. At least far more than I expected.

Regards,
Sven
2015-6-7
Use props
blauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209403 ft
United States

Same thing with Android tablet, unplug usb from controller and back in reconnects.  Tested with my iPhone and didn't have an issue...  Seems fairly random for me
2015-6-7
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 671257 ft
  • >>>
Spain

you are not alone
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid137960
2015-6-7
Use props
joel.smith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150745 ft
United States

The Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 that use the DJI Pilot app need to have the sd card formatted in FAT32 not EXFAT.....Video recording problems and Pilot App disconnected may happen.
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules