Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Braking in Mid Air : Mavic Pro
1522 4 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajrulez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

Hello Everyone,
I was flying this weekend and found the following behaviour to be strange. I would like to know, what made it apply brakes in mid-air.
Also, it detected an obstacle in mid-air where there was nothing in front of it.
I would call a ghost detection in mid-air.

I almost lost my Mavic pro!!

Below is a link for my flight logs.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/VKRRSDZDQWLHR3K4CS8V/

2019-4-10
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

flying into the sun can do that
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day ajrulez. We do apologize for the inconvenience. May I ask you if you are currently flying in a location that has too much sunlight? If yes, we highly recommend flying the drone in the location with average sunlight to avoid any possible sensor error. In addition, We highly recommend you to calibrate the Vision Sensors using DJI assistant 2. You can refer to the link below on how to calibrate the sensors. although the video is for the Mavic Air, we can still use this as it has the same concept on how to properly calibrate the Vision Sensor and let's see if there will be changes. Keep us posted on the latest progress. Thanks!

2019-4-10
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Not quite sure on "how you almost lost the Mavic", it was braking/stopping for the dreaded sun effect.
As that the front sensors get overloaded with the sun coming in directly into the sensor(s). Thinks that there is something there.
It will stop the mavic's forward movement.
The best way is to adjust/yaw a bit to get it back to you or, if you are a a distance away and can't see the bird, you can either crab back, or yaw 180 in come back backwards.
2019-4-10
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

ok Thank you I will I thought it will stop the motors and make it to fall down in mid air.
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules