wrong date stamp on videos and photos
3377 5 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

I was out today flying my Mavic 2 zoom, got back home when i looked at the videos and photos the date  was the same on all of them even the ones i filmed on saturday, on my smart contoller its worse the date is 2013, When was that GPS reset date?? i wonder if that has something to do with it??

Cheers Roy
2019-4-10
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

just looked and my sd card thinks its 31 December 1979 the drone thinks its 30 march 2019 and the smart controller 2013  i have just manually set the clock on the controller but it has made no difference to the drone
2019-4-10
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Regarding date bug 2013 smart controller .
Dji promised an update this week or next week , hopefully. See smart controller forum. Many topics about this.
At the moment when turning on smart controller without wifi it jumps back to 18 jan 2013. If you switch it on when wifi available its gives correct time.but when flying you will not have wifi available unless you use you phone as hotspot
2019-4-10
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Dronie cheers for the info
2019-4-10
Use props
Jordan146
New

France

Same here on a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and it has nothing to do with SD card, type of Phone or Phone time settings (I used multiple SD card from different brands and 3 different iPhones all set to the timezone of the country I was in). I travelled in 3 different countries with different timezone and the timestamp is always correct on the photos but never on the videos. First, when I moved from France to New Zealand, the timestamp of videos was ahead of 12h (the timezone difference between the 2 countries). Then, we changed hour in New Zealand and the timestamp of videos offset by 11h (the new timezone difference between the 2 countries). I then moved to Samoa and the timestamp of videos was ahead by only one hour now (the timezone difference between New Zealand and Samoa).

It's been a recurrent issue noticed by many DJI drone users that doesn't seem to be solve by DJI. I hope my comment will help you solve this problem as it seems to be a complex one depending on the previous country you visited, the new you are in and the timezone difference between them. However, I still don't understand how the software can timestamp photos correctly but not the videos?!
2020-10-31
Use props
AlonBerman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 759580 ft
Australia

Same issue on Mavic Pro 2 & Osmo Pocket 2. I don't recall this issue on my Mavic Pro when moving timezones.
iOS & Android with multiple SDs of different manufacturers too.
Latest firmwares
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules