Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
All Black Box DAT Files Automatically Deleted
1161 2 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JLB236
lvl.1

United States

I have a Matrice 600 Pro.

I entered Flight Data Mode and plugged my USB cable into my computer.  The drive pulled up, and I selected the DAT files that I wanted and copied them to my computer.  I have done this many times with no issues until today.

Today, as the files were copying, they stopped and Windows was behaving as it does when it loses connection to a drive.  The copy failed, and I could no longer see the DJI drive in My Computer.  I unplugged and plugged in the cable again, and still no effect.  I rebooted the controller, the drone, and my laptop, and the device still wouldn't be recognized.

I tried again after about an hour, and the drive was finally recognized as normal, but all of the files were deleted.  Only the 2 standard system files and the current session file were in the folder, and everything else was missing, including files that I did not select for copying.  The drive wiped its own memory, and I can't find a reason why.

1. Can I recover the files?

2. What might have caused the mass deletion?

3. I still have the flight records from the DJI app.  I looked at them using the file converter here, but it appears that much of the data is missing, and the data points that are there are much less detailed than the DAT files.  I'm specifically looking at the motor RPM speeds, and that is nowhere to be found in the flight record.  Am I using a bad flight record converter, or is that data simply not included in the flight record files?

Thanks,
Jake

2019-4-10
Use props
JLB236
lvl.1

United States

Update:  I tried another flight and successfully transferred the data.  However, the next flight after that did the same thing where the data was deleted just as I started to copy it.  This time, Windows told me there was an error with the drive, and it needed to be scanned and fixed.  After the scan, Windows reformatted the drive, and then I was able to collect data from 5 flights in a row.

I'll tentatively say that this issue has been solved.  If you are having the same issue, try reformatting the drive through your PC.

2019-4-18
Use props
AQUIF
lvl.4
India

u got the data after windows reformatted the drive ?

kinda strange.....
2019-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules