Tranfering Spark to new owner.
1777 12 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
62+
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

Hallo all pilots I need some assistance please.

I am selliing my DJI Spark ( 1 week warrenty left) to good friend today and moving on to a Mavic Air.

1. How do I tranfer it to my friends name ?
2. What should I do regarding my flight log - fully synced ?
3. What happen to my points accumalated on the Spark Forum.

Any additional advice would be highly appreciated.
Fly Safe

2019-4-10
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Your data, flight logs are synced to your own account. You can continue to use the same account for your Mavic Air. Once you activate your new AC with your account, you can see data for both ACs in the app - Spark data (before selling) and new AC data (Mavic Air). The same applies for all your posts and accumulated points in this forum.
Your friend needs to create his own account and activate the aircraft with it. That way the serial number of the AC will be linked to his contact details. Your data will not be displayed in his account.
2019-4-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As above though as an already activated, second hand unit the new owner will not be able to activate it as you already have - the warranty will therefore expire in one-week and should your friend use this forum the drone will not appear in his forum profile. Only brand new drones are activated and will appear here. He will however be able to fly it as normal using his own DJI account. Be sure to format the micro sd card too and ensure you have all of your footage and stills imported from the card to your computer (if the sale includes the card).
Enjoy the Mavic Air - it's a great drone.
2019-4-11
Use props
62+
Second Officer
South Africa

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-10 20:07
Your data, flight logs are synced to your own account. You can continue to use the same account for your Mavic Air. Once you activate your new AC with your account, you can see data for both ACs in the app - Spark data (before selling) and new AC data (Mavic Air). The same applies for all your posts and accumulated points in this forum.
Your friend needs to create his own account and activate the aircraft with it. That way the serial number of the AC will be linked to his contact details. Your data will not be displayed in his account.

Thank you for your most informative reply. Highly appreciated
2019-4-11
Use props
62+
Second Officer
South Africa

A J Posted at 4-11 00:18
As above though as an already activated, second hand unit the new owner will not be able to activate it as you already have - the warranty will therefore expire in one-week and should your friend use this forum the drone will not appear in his forum profile. Only brand new drones are activated and will appear here. He will however be able to fly it as normal using his own DJI account. Be sure to format the micro sd card too and ensure you have all of your footage and stills imported from the card to your computer (if the sale includes the card).

Thank you the additional information.
The DJI forum and the pilots are very helpful.
Safe flying for all.
2019-4-11
Use props
62+
Second Officer
South Africa

A J Posted at 4-11 00:18

Safe flying for all.
2019-4-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

62+ Posted at 4-11 05:59
Safe flying for all.

You're very welcome - hope you both enjoy flying
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day 62+. Thank you for reaching us. The answers from other forum members are correct. I just want to add few info about your questions. Please see my answer below:

- The DJI account transfer function is not available, for the sake of account security and technical reasons if you sell your account to somebody he/she can create a new account either.

2. What should I do regarding my flight log - fully synced ?
- For the flight logs concern, if you already sync all your flight records, it will stay in the app under your DJI account without any progress since you already sold your DJI Spark. New flight records will show if you already manage to fly your new Mavic Air. Further flight from the Spark will save the flight records on the new owner's DJI account.

3. What happen to my points accumalated on the Spark Forum?
If you are using the same email address to access the forum, it will still show up in your forum account.

Hope it helps! If you have any other concern you feel free to post here in the forum and we are happy to assist you. Thanks for your continued support.
2019-4-11
Use props
62+
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-11 09:48
Hi, Good day 62+. Thank you for reaching us. The answers from other forum members are correct. I just want to add few info about your questions. Please see my answer below:

Thanks for your feedback. Highly appreciated.
Very excited about  the Mavic Air
2019-4-12
Use props
62+
Second Officer
South Africa

2019-4-12
Use props
62+
Second Officer
South Africa

2019-4-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

62+ Posted at 4-12 04:48

You're very much welcome 62+. Should you have any other concerns don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to assist you. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-12
Use props
62+
Second Officer
South Africa

To all pilots., friends and DJI

It is with sadness and joy that I need to say thank you all on the Spark forum for all the assistance.
I received my Mavic Air today and my Spark was handed to its new owner.
Had a lot of fun with the Spark.

The new AC is all up and running just have to do the compass calibration tomorrow and then the 1st flight.

Fly safe all
2019-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules