Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Getting Flight records
15356 23 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Hi All
Great to see they have a Phantom 4 RTK forum as so far finding info on this machine is rather difficult. I am trying to figure out how to get flight records from the P4RTK into DroneLogBook. The flight record section on GS RTK basically only allows you to sync with the cloud but no idea where on the cloud or how to access it. I need logs for my part102 and while the P4P stuff is great this is not great. I did manage to find dat file via DJI A2 but this does not seem to work on DroneLogbook as it requires DJI .txt files.
Any ideas?
Cheers

2019-4-10
Use props
ewischropp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8802 ft
United States

I spoke to our enterprise support person and they didn't think there was any ability to access the log files for now.  The cloud sync is not active yet.
2019-4-10
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you provide that .DAT via DropBox so I can take a look and see if DatCon can be made to accept it?
2019-4-11
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

@BudWalker check your PMs.
I posted a D-RTK 2 base station .DAT for you on Box. I don't have any P4P RTK AC .DATs handy at the moment.
I tried DatCon & CsvView on it and had no success, but I have little experience with them.
2019-4-11
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

You can Download the DJI .TXT files from the Controller. The key is once you connect the controller to your computer you must flag your USB connection as file transfer. Once you do that you will get a drive letter and you can go into the DJI folders and get the log files, I did it last week on mine. The .TXT files are written in binary but you can you online flight viewers to view the data as well as have it converted to a CSV file that can be opened up in excel or or CSV viewer.

If you need I can write Step By Step Instructions tonight or tomorrow
2019-4-12
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@LYVFD8142-Thanks for the info on accessing .TXT files from the controller.

Now why would DJI use a .TXT extension on a proprietary binary file?...
2019-4-12
Use props
tfoster825
lvl.1
Flight distance : 692346 ft
United States

LYVFD8142 Posted at 4-12 05:21
You can Download the DJI .TXT files from the Controller. The key is once you connect the controller to your computer you must flag your USB connection as file transfer. Once you do that you will get a drive letter and you can go into the DJI folders and get the log files, I did it last week on mine. The .TXT files are written in binary but you can you online flight viewers to view the data as well as have it converted to a CSV file that can be opened up in excel or or CSV viewer.

If you need I can write Step By Step Instructions tonight or tomorrow

Could you please show a step by step? I can't get the controller to flag as file transfer.
2019-4-12
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tfoster825 Posted at 4-12 14:03
Could you please show a step by step? I can't get the controller to flag as file transfer.

You're trying this with a P4P RTK remote, correct? Just asking b/c I'm not certain you can do this with other Phantom version RCs.
2019-4-12
Use props
Goose4
lvl.2

United States

Go into the GS RTK app,
Swipe down from the top of the screen
Choose USB Connect
Choose Turn on USB Storage
Go to windows explorer - drive should show up as "DJI"
The flight log files can be found at:  D:\DJI\dji.prof.mg.gsp\LOG\tcp_769

You can then import the .txt files into Airdata to see your flight data
2019-4-13
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

Goose4 Posted at 4-13 08:32
Go into the GS RTK app,
Choose USB Connect

Thanks for helping with the Steps. Been busy lol
2019-4-13
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
New Zealand

Go into the GS RTK app,
Choose USB Connect

Going to try this now. If it works that is great. Will see how I get on. Thanks for all the tips
2019-4-15
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
New Zealand

Go into the GS RTK app,
Choose USB Connect

You Sir are a dam legend!!! Thanks so much for sorting that. Was thinking I was going to be doing paper logs until DJI sorted something out. This is way easier.
2019-4-15
Use props
Vorlauf
lvl.2

United States

choppedxs Posted at 4-15 20:16
You Sir are a dam legend!!! Thanks so much for sorting that. Was thinking I was going to be doing paper logs until DJI sorted something out. This is way easier.

Glad to help. I know I'll need soon too.
2019-4-30
Use props
fans816a843b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 422907 ft
United Kingdom

It sounds like you have a solution which is great. Personally I use Airdata.com for my logs and flight analysis, and I download the DJI data by connecting the P4RTK directly to my PC (via microUSB on P4) and run the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom software. I can then select the files that I wish to copy and add these to Airdata as a manual upload. The P4 needs to be powered on but without the controller.
2019-5-1
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
New Zealand

fans816a843b Posted at 5-1 04:22
It sounds like you have a solution which is great. Personally I use Airdata.com for my logs and flight analysis, and I download the DJI data by connecting the P4RTK directly to my PC (via microUSB on P4) and run the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom software. I can then select the files that I wish to copy and add these to Airdata as a manual upload. The P4 needs to be powered on but without the controller.

Airdata is good but no support for other products. I look after 20 drones and not all are DJI.  Dronelogbook supports loads of autopilots and is free! It can also upload your logs directly from DJI cloud. Would just be nice if the RTK Phantom could sync to the cloud and be accessible to dronelogbook like the DJIGO4 sync. I think the RTK goes to the Agricultural area. Work around is to do as you do which is download the files then mass import them to Dronelogbook as Vorlauf suggests. Now if I could just figure out how to get my logs from DJI GS Pro (the old version) off the P4P I have I would have complete set of logs. Is the only one that has me stumped.
2019-5-8
Use props
fans9e1f2813
New
Flight distance : 263698 ft
South Africa

Has anybody experienced the following errors on the D-RTK-2 mobile base station. “Positioning error 0x8000 and similarly - Positioning error 0x10000”?
Any workaround or solutions for this?
2019-5-10
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans9e1f2813 Posted at 5-10 12:27
Has anybody experienced the following errors on the D-RTK-2 mobile base station. “Positioning error 0x8000 and similarly - Positioning error 0x10000”?
Any workaround or solutions for this?

You might want to post this in a new or more relevant thread...
2019-5-10
Use props
tfoster825
lvl.1
Flight distance : 692346 ft
United States

patiam Posted at 4-12 15:33
You're trying this with a P4P RTK remote, correct? Just asking b/c I'm not certain you can do this with other Phantom version RCs.

Yea, I eventually figured it out. Thanks for the reply though!
2019-5-30
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK managed to pull flight logs off the RTK, Looks like you need to enable developer mode on the app to do this, which I hadn’t seen mentioned. Is there any way to get theses into the DJI cloud? Ie an upload functionally equivalent to cloud sync in all other products?
2019-6-5
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nickedw Posted at 6-5 10:24
OK managed to pull flight logs off the RTK, Looks like you need to enable developer mode on the app to do this, which I hadn’t seen mentioned. Is there any way to get theses into the DJI cloud? Ie an upload functionally equivalent to cloud sync in all other products?

Ive kind of got this working by uploading the RTK flight logs to the logs folder of my P4Pro+. I'm seeing the missions now on my P4Pro+, but with an aircraft id of n/a and it complains about syncing.

Anybody got further? know how to get the aircarft id up there?
2019-6-7
Use props
ARMeyer
lvl.2
United States

I have a P4 RTK and am looking to export the log files as well.  In the most recent version, 2.08, of DJI Assistant 2, there are 2 menu items: Log Export & Flight Data.  The Log Export menu has two tabs with  "Flight Record & Vision" and "System".  Flight Record shows no records.  System has a button that says "Save to Local" which opens an Explorer window to select a folder.  Then it says "Exporting" with a spinning donut.  I've let it set for over 30 minutes and it seems to do nothing.

The Flight Data menu opens up a viewer where you can open up the "Fly Log" drive (E: for mine), select the .dat file of your choice, and it displays charts of the data by double clicking the data type on the right.  I'm not exactly sure if anything of value can be gleaned from it.

I can download the .dat files using File Explorer, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with the files after that.

I'm wondering what kind of information can be retrieved by opening Assistant in developer mode and how exactly to do that.

Thanks.
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

http://app.airdata.com/app

Yet to trial this yet.  But looks like it could be promising for AirData users.  Still in Beta I believe.

Cheers,
2019-11-21
Use props
ARMeyer
lvl.2
United States

I just got into actually flying my Phantom 4 RTK last week after having it since July!  I started using the Kittyhawk app because Kittyhawk worked with FAA to develop B4UFly.  It's a good app and it's supposed to sync somehow with DJI's cloud flight logs, but nothing shows up.  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if that feature is not up and running yet.
2019-11-21
Use props
fans623b6bbd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1613192 ft
United States

Go into the GS RTK app,
Choose USB Connect

Extremely useful, thank you for the info!
2019-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules