Satellite acquisition
2576 15 2014-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leiftv
lvl.1

United States

I have a phantom 2plus that is giving me fits. It connects to no satellites. I'veDone compass and IMU calibrations, IOC is on in naza mode. No satellites. It has been in for repair and I've
Been told it's fine, but it's not. It has spent more time shipping back and forth for repair than flying. Purchased earl this past summer flown like 4 times. Extremely frustrating. Any ideas would be great.

2014-11-10
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Are you connecting to the app? Is this where the no satellites info is coming from or is the machine flashing red lights constantly......?

S1 and S2 switches on the remote are both pushed all the way up yes?

Have you checked your area with another independent device able to detect satellites?

Video or photos would help along with some more information of your setup routine....
I know this is tedious, but the more information and understanding of the actual situation we get the better we can work it out,
or
You may be asked to send it in again if you wish to do that?

2014-11-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Have you had satellites after you sent it in for repair the first time?  Can you start the motors after the repair?
2014-11-10
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Thank you Mixstreme&Gerry1124~
Leiftv, more information will be much appreciated.
2014-11-10
Use props
leiftv
lvl.1

United States

Switches are both up. I have not gotten any satelite aquisition since it has been returned. The motors do start up. I use the app on my galaxy s4. Lights flash red red red green. Not able to get home lock obviously. I have used a satelite detection app that shows no less than 17 satelites in the area.
2014-11-11
Use props
sukiat88
New

Malaysia

Did you upgrade your firmware to 3.6V and encountered the problem after that? I have just read from another forum saying that there are many problems with this latest released firmware (3.6v). I started to get worried as well as I have just upgraded the firmware
2014-11-11
Use props
leiftv
lvl.1

United States

I have the latest upgraded firmware. Really sucks not being able to use the phantom.
2014-11-11
Use props
roelperalta
lvl.1

United States

leiftv@gmail.co Posted at 2014-11-12 01:46
I have the latest upgraded firmware. Really sucks not being able to use the phantom.

Have you tried opening the shell and verified  the GPS module is plugged in to the board? Maybe someone forgot to plug it back it...
2014-11-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

roelperalta@yah Posted at 2014-11-12 07:03
Have you tried opening the shell and verified  the GPS module is plugged in to the board? Maybe so ...

If the GPS antenna was not plugged in to the right plug, the motors would NOT start.  Since he has started the motors, the GPS antenna has to be connected properly.  I made that mistake after installing my copper shield for my GPS unit.
2014-11-11
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Leiftv,
When the phantom connects to the phantom assistant software, is there any error message?
If you tried different location but the drone still can not get more than 6 satelites, i am afraid there is something wrong with the GPS module.
2014-11-12
Use props
leiftv
lvl.1

United States

No error messages on the app. I can't get any satelites. Zero show up. How do I proceed to get this taken care of?
2014-11-12
Use props
smot311
lvl.1

United States

You can check to see if the GPS module is cracked.  If you take the hood off and peel back the protective shielding you will see the module.  If you unscrew it, on the other side is a ceramic square, which is the GPS.  I have seen pictures where that has been cracked since it's pretty fragile.
2014-11-12
Use props
leiftv
lvl.1

United States

I would hope thats not the case because the unit just came back from B&H repair.
2014-11-12
Use props
leiftv
lvl.1

United States

I seem to be getting nowhere with this issue. I just want to get a refund for this unit as none seems to know what's wrong. I have all updated software, not flying in an area with interference and get zero satellite
acquisition. Can't figure it out. Anyone from DJI have a suggestion?
2014-11-12
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

leiftv@gmail.co Posted at 2014-11-13 11:19
I seem to be getting nowhere with this issue. I just want to get a refund for this unit as none seem ...

Read this and send it back...
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ;tid=958&page=3
2014-11-12
Use props
leiftv
lvl.1

United States

Going back to B&H for repair once again. Hopefully they fix it this time.
2014-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules