Controller Battery drains quickly
2483 5 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonID
lvl.4
Germany

Hi,

this week I was using my M2E twice in similar industrial environments and noticed that the controller battery was almost empty (<40% while 20% is my absolute limit to have enough time to return safely) after one flight (25min). Phone was charged >90% and down to 70% after one flight.

That's not normal, right?
Outside temperatures were low at around 0°C but the box was not exposed to low temperatures for long.

Fortunately charging from a power bank is quite quick but for a supposedly professional product this is a really weak performance. Why should I get more flight batteries if the controller will die before I can use them?

Any suggestions how to get more time out of this equipment?

Simon

2019-4-11
Use props
hO0eYilClDoz
New
Flight distance : 118478 ft
Colombia

Are you using android device?
2019-4-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can fly my M2P for over an hour on three back-to-back flights and leave the field with my RC and iPhone XS over 70%. Either the pilot app drains your RC at three times the rate over GO4 or you have a defective remote. Flying in 0c temps should not cause that much of a drain.  
2019-4-11
Use props
SimonID
lvl.4
Germany

hO0eYilClDoz Posted at 4-11 06:00
Are you using android device?

Yes, a Galaxy S8. I Know it charges from the controller but when I use it at maximum brightness doing something else the battery isn't discharged that heavily, I think.
Nevertheless it would be better to be able to turn off the charging.

2019-4-11
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

SimonID Posted at 4-11 20:44
Yes, a Galaxy S8. I Know it charges from the controller but when I use it at maximum brightness doing something else the battery isn't discharged that heavily, I think.
Nevertheless it would be better to be able to turn off the charging.

Turn off Fast Charging in the S8.
I fly 5 batteries without problemon S7.
2019-4-11
Use props
SimonID
lvl.4
Germany

G_Sig Posted at 4-11 20:54
Turn off Fast Charging in the S8.
I fly 5 batteries without problemon S7.

huh, I did not think of this. Thanks, I will try it!
2019-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules