A3 API Protocol
2655 4 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TAlecksen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2418 ft
United States

I am trying to obtain the GPS coordinates from the flight controller to use on an onboard external computer. I have been successful at using the Assistant 2 software to set the GPS out to 1HZ, and being able to view the raw data (with a fixed number of bytes) coming out of the API port. While reading through all the documentation for the OPEN protocol in order to parse the data, it states that the documentation is only applicable for the M100. When I contacted DJI about this, they stated that the A3 output messages are proprietary. This is frustrating because I am so close to obtaining the information I need, yet have no way of correctly parsing the data. Instead, it sounds like I actually have to write code through the onboard SDK to output the generic GPS coordinates, which seems like a lot of work.

Has anyone been able to parse the messages coming from the A3 controller or have any solutions for getting the GPS coordinates from the controller?

2019-4-11
Use props
ScenicView
lvl.1

Canada

I have into the exact same problem. Is there any solution or work around?
2019-7-31
Use props
ScenicView
lvl.1

Canada

I have into the exact same problem. Is there any solution or work around?
2019-7-31
Use props
robske
lvl.1

Canada

The API is extremely simple and flexible to use, and you can just repurpose one of the examples. I can't see how it would be simpler to try to read the outputs directly (and I say this as someone who loves nothing more than puzzling out wire protocols.)

If you *do* go this route, and you're inspecting outputs visually, remember that the coordinates are in radians so you might not recognize the coordinates until you convert them to degrees.

2019-8-1
Use props
Muon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2418 ft

robske Posted at 8-1 09:33
The API is extremely simple and flexible to use, and you can just repurpose one of the examples. I can't see how it would be simpler to try to read the outputs directly (and I say this as someone who loves nothing more than puzzling out wire protocols.)

If you *do* go this route, and you're inspecting outputs visually, remember that the coordinates are in radians so you might not recognize the coordinates until you convert them to degrees.

I agree that the API is fairly simple to use. My only complaint is that it is limited to either Linux (RPi) or STM32. Since I would like to use something like an Arduino Mega2560, neither of these options would be appropriate. I played around a bit with parsing the information and it is almost certainly encrypted in some way. What a pity!
2019-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules