DJI CARE Support - failures at multiple levels. Money wasted
643 2 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moresnowplease
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4758123 ft
United States

This a post to share my exhausting, experience, with utilizing DJI CARE and  Support email process to get my drone repaired. Long story short. I have had my drone and others replaced before, and am familiar with the process. This time was not not anywhere as streamline as errors in their accounting system, poor transitions in the support system and many redudant emails later I was unable to utilize the DJI CARE product I paid for the and instead asked to pay $270 seperatley to get it repaired. Not including the $180 for the service plan I never used.

My Case Current: CAS-2847013-F3P3K2

Starting back in mid 2018 I recieved my replacement drone through Case# CAS-1962027-M9X8Y9

When I recieved my drone, that evening I was provided an opporunity through the DJI Go 4 software to purchase DJI Care refresh. I did so. Order ##0019708059920
[size=13.3333px]

[size=13.3333px]When that purchase went through I followed up with DJI support via email to make that it wasn't a mistake and that I could add a new policy onto the replacement device . The email support agent Roxanne told that it would be automatically applied and there would be no need to worry.
[size=13.3333px]

[size=13.3333px]I felt comfortable knowing that I had an email from a rep stating that my drone was covered and that although my drone didn't appear with the registered Care that it would appear within a few days. I at least had the order# of the purchase, emails with support and bank records to back it up.
[size=13.3333px]

[size=13.3333px]Jump to Early 2019
[size=13.3333px]

[size=13.3333px]I crash the drone last month. Well within the 1 year of the " new policy"  and so I submit my request to support@dji.com to begin the process of getting my drone serviced. The reply was that my drone was nto registered with the  authorization number but to submit the order number and any additional info and it would be handled.
[size=13.3333px]

[size=13.3333px]With each reply via the email system a different person responded asking the same questions regarding the legitamacy of my authorization#. I explained each time that my Sales order # was all that I had recieved and it was tied to the date of the last drones arrival along with its serial #. Everytime they would tell me that this was information they couldnt look up. Please explain why you support staff cannot look up sales records to confirm a customers story?  This the core of my frustation with DJI Support, there isn't an ability to speak with a higher level tech that would allow me to walk through how I eneded up in this position but that I had all the documents to back it up.
[size=13.3333px]

[size=13.3333px]Since I rely on the drone needed it repaired, I sent the drone in on the case # above stating that it had a policy attached to it but that the Order # of my $180 policy with the date matching the arrival of the drone was all I had. To which DJI support replied that I had already used my DJI CARE Previously and could not use it again.  I clearly know the value in a service plan as everytime I purchased a drone my purchase history shows a service plan within 12 hours of purchase. Since there is no ability to speak with a HIGHER level admin to sort out my issue, emailing with the tech that began to evaluate my drone was the only consistency. A seperate conversation was always going on with a service rep trying to tell me they couldnt get access to the authorization number but could provide me a refund. I asked for the refund and am still waiting on it. Meanwhile I paid the $270 repair fee and got my drone back.
[size=13.3333px]

[size=13.3333px]A phone call could have solved all of this, I was required to pay twice for a repair that should have been covered by my policy. Giving the support team access to my Sales / order # info would have made this much less frustrating.
[size=13.3333px]

[size=13.3333px]I sit here hoping no one else has to go through what I am experiecning.
[size=13.3333px]

[size=13.3333px]Kindly,
[size=13.3333px]Mauricio

2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced. Your concerns and requests have been well received and escalated to a higher level. We will contact you through phone or email within 48 working hours as of this message. We appreciate your patience and understanding while reviewing your concerns and requests.
2019-4-11
Use props
moresnowplease
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4758123 ft
United States

I will post a reply once proceedings have concluded. I want any interested to know how they attempt to resolve this situation.
2019-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules