Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Time:  30 MAR 2019 0800hrs
DJI Drone: Mavic 2 Pro
Websites Used Before Flight: http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/ - (For restricted/unrestricted areas)
https://www.windfinder.com/forecasts/ - (For wind info)
https://www.nycgovparks.org/facilities/modelaircraftfields - (For model aircraft field locations around the city)

Preparation Before Flight:
Check e-mail for FAA notifications for any VIP movement or restrictions (yeah, I signed up and you should too!).  Recon area (usually via Google Map/photos) to see if video/photo worthy.  Make sure that three (3) Batteries charged and packed.  Carry Apple lightning cable (for the backup iPhone, for drone controller).  Carry car charger (just in case more flying is desired/needed).  Make sure drone registration is on hand (Yes, I do make sure I have it all the time).  Carry Airman Certificate (to be identified as a professional and just in case the hyper-inquistive need to be neutralized).  Bring GoPro (you know, for those 'cool' and 'fresh' drone shots.

Process For Taking Drone Through Customs:
I'll let you know once I do

Things To Be Aware Of When Flying Drones Locally:
The local native mindset towards drones (Most people are actually chill, though it depends on the area).  The time of day is SUPER important.  I usually go super early on weekends to keep away from the masses (Haven't gotten harrassed and hopefully it stays that way!).  Be very cognizant if your activity/drone presence will garner unwanted/undesired attention (Not saying to hide from people and authority figures, but seeing that drones are the new 'bogey men', be wary of any possible attention that you may draw to yourself and always act cool and not 'sneaky'........this is New York).  On the same note, be prepared to answer questions about your drone (most people that would approach you, will have a sincere interest in your drone, e.g. 'How much does it cost?', 'How fast can it go?',  'How long can it fly for?',  'Is it easy or difficult to operate/fly?'.......etc.).  Also, be aware if predatory birds are in the vicinity of where you will be flying.  (After watching many, many YouTube videos on 'Birds Attacking Drones', it's quite clear that hawks and eagles and falcons, are NOT fond of drones.  Crows I've learned are the most inquisitive, Seagulls might be inquisitive.....from a distance, while other types of birds stay away).

https://youtu.be/Ia9SNaGv2uI

2019-4-11
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great information!
2019-4-14
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
United States

Much appreciated!
2019-4-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

You're welcome buddy!
2019-4-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum!
2019-4-15
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 4-15 17:19
BTW welcome to the forum!

Thanks man.  This seems to be actually a nice forum.
2019-4-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Neo Supreme Posted at 4-16 10:13
Thanks man.  This seems to be actually a nice forum.

Ya it is! You're welcome~!
2019-4-16
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing, this will come in handy when I visit Manhattan.
2019-7-31
Use props
raulchaves28
New

ACHETER UN PERMIS DE CONDUIRE: permisdeconduirerapide.blogspot.com .IELTS TOEFL sans examen
2019-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Great info - thanks for sharing
2019-9-19
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Thanks for the share.
2020-4-19
Use props
djiuser_btXdBhkjEWK8
New
United States

can you zoom in on your drone?
2020-4-20
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_btXdBhkjEWK8 Posted at 4-20 12:42
can you zoom in on your drone?

No, at least not in 'real time recording/capturing'.  I can only adjust the lens setting, in between footage capture.  The Mavic 2 Zoom can perform that, hence the name 'Zoom'.
2020-4-22
Use props
dronedude29
New

India

Great information
2020-4-29
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
United States