Manual camera mode can't show flight data?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alanbpage
lvl.1

United States

Hi, all!

In the DJI Pilot app flying the P3P, is there a way to use the camera in manual mode while still displaying the usual flight screen (speeds, distances, map, etc.)? I prefer using manual mode for video, because the camera seems to overexpose in auto mode. However, I'd still like to be able to see the flight data.
2015-6-6
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Them details should still be showing in manual camera mode. Are you sure you are not "swiping down" and hiding the telemetry by mistake?
Can yuo take a screenshot of the issue?

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-6
Use props
alanbpage
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-7 15:27
Them details should still be showing in manual camera mode. Are you sure you are not "swiping down"  ...

This first photo shows the camera in manual mode.https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Wwgdl-vz61aTA3TzB2NDJ4NU0/edit?usp=docslist_api

The next image is the display after pressing the advanced mode button (three-slider icon at the bottom of the camera toolbar) to go to advanced mode. The flight data are gone.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Wwgdl-vz61SXpsWlhTdUtrQm8/edit?usp=docslist_api
The only way I can seem to get then back is pressing that advanced mode button again, which reverts the camera back to manual.

2015-6-7
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you not "left swipe" the manual mode settings box on the left out of the way?
2015-6-7
Use props
alanbpage
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-7 21:21
Can you not "left swipe" the manual mode settings box on the left out of the way?

I went back and just added the links to the photos, fyi.
2015-6-7
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alanbpage@gmail Posted at 2015-6-7 21:23

Thanks saw them.. You need to "swipe" the manual mode settings windows out of the way you will then get telemetry back but maintain the manual settings.
2015-6-7
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

alanbpage@gmail Posted at 2015-6-7 21:23

You may be misunderstanding what sploodge is suggesting.

When you tap on that manual/auto icon in the lower right corner, the window on the left with the three settings appears. You do not have to leave that window open to stay in manual mode.

Yes, if you press the settings icon again, the window slides away and you're back in auto mode.

Instead, try swiping the 3-option settings window on the left from right to left, i.e., "off the screen" and see if your telemetry data returns. When you swipe that window off the screen, the camera manual settings icon will remain highlighted, indicating you ARE still in manual mode.

Does that make sense? I tried to test it, but, since I'm not connected at the moment, I don't have access to the camera options/functions. I truly wish the pilot app would let you test "remotely" with a warning that nothing is really being changed because you're not connected. PITA to wire everything up just to see an item in the app.
2015-6-7
Use props
alanbpage
lvl.1

United States

Holy cow! I feel dumb. Yes, that totally works. I notice now it even says something about swiping left to hide it. Thanks, both of you!
2015-6-7
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alanbpage@gmail Posted at 2015-6-7 21:33
Holy cow! I feel dumb. Yes, that totally works. I notice now it even says something about swiping le ...

You are welcome.. Enjoy manual camera mode
2015-6-7
Use props
alanbpage
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-7 21:38
You are welcome.. Enjoy manual camera mode

Hooray! Will do.
2015-6-7
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

This thread is exactly what DJI wants all of them to be. HELPFUL hints and tricks from fellow users.
Congrats to all who took part in solving this guy's, or based on the cup holders in the pictures, gal that had problems.
2015-6-22
Use props
Antti
lvl.1

Finland

DJI should add visual hint that you can swipe the advanced mode panel away... bad GUI desing from them.
2015-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules