Phantom 3 Firmware Updates
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PardzFilm
lvl.2

Philippines

Firmware can either fix or cause your the RC signal problems on your phantom 3.  For example, if you install the latest just released Phantom 3 firmware update from DJI and you then start having rc signal loss on your Phantom 3. In this situation, the best thing to do is roll back to the earlier version.
DJI make terrific drones. However, on a couple of occasions, they have released firmware updates that had some problems.  Firmware updates are supposed to fix bugs and add new features to your drone, not break it.  Never be the first to test any firmware release.
When you are downloading firmware, make sure that you have a very good internet connection.  If the download fails or is interrupted, then delete it off you device and download it again.  You want a proper successful download of the firmware.

Firmware talks to the physical components of the drone.  Firmware are the bridge that connects the drone hardware technology to the Operating system of the drone which is more than likely a version of Linux.  Drones in many ways are flying computers.
If for some reason, the firmware is corrupted and you push it onto your Phantom 3, you will be almost certain to have rc signal loss and perhaps even worse, a dead quadcopter.

2019-4-11
Use props
rich d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3474 ft
United States

I have the 1.5.30 version on my drone and will not update to the newest firmware. Can you offer some guidance on what you think may be wrong? Thanks.
2019-4-13
Use props
PardzFilm
lvl.2

Philippines

rich d Posted at 4-13 02:17
I have the 1.5.30 version on my drone and will not update to the newest firmware. Can you offer some guidance on what you think may be wrong? Thanks.
That is my problem also sir but I always find a solution to resolve this
2019-4-14
Use props
JackCarter
lvl.2
Croatia

Hi, I just got an update request, to go to 3.1.54. At the moment I'm using 3.1.42.
Would you recommend to procede with the update ? Thanks
2019-4-14
Use props
Zelda
lvl.1
United States

How do I roll back to older firmware? I had my drone in the closet for a year and took it out last Saturday for the first time and it took an update now it won't fly. I've done everything tech support suggested to but it still won't get off the ground.
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules