Brand New Mavic Air Battery wont charge ? Charging station RED
4576 6 2019-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameronharris
lvl.1
Australia

Hi,

I have just unboxed my mavic air fly more combo.

1/3 of my batteries will not charge. My other 2 are great, charged right away.
1 is not charging and when plugged in on its own, it turns the charging station red and it stays red. I press the button on the battery itself - nothing..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cameron

2019-4-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Return the DOA battery for a brand new replacement under warranty. Some of these drones can be in storage for over a year waiting to be sold and whilst the batteries have tech to keep them in a hibernation mode to prevent the cells depleting too heavily they can still be dead out of the box if left around for too long. Don't open it or meddle with it - just arrange for it to be returned asap.
2019-4-12
Use props
Kas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1086276 ft
United Kingdom

You could try and charge it without using the dock and see if that wakes it up. If not, get it replaced.  If that works, do check the battery in the drone as it may show a 'battery signal error' and refuse to fly despite being fully charged.

2019-4-12
Use props
cameronharris
lvl.1
Australia

Kas Posted at 4-12 23:54
You could try and charge it without using the dock and see if that wakes it up. If not, get it replaced.  If that works, do check the battery in the drone as it may show a 'battery signal error' and refuse to fly despite being fully charged.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply
I Have already tried charging it on its own without the dock- still not luck. I'll have to get it replaced under warranty (as the comment above mentioned, storage for too long could be the reason for this)
Cheers!
2019-4-13
Use props
cameronharris
lvl.1
Australia

A J Posted at 4-12 22:41
Return the DOA battery for a brand new replacement under warranty. Some of these drones can be in storage for over a year waiting to be sold and whilst the batteries have tech to keep them in a hibernation mode to prevent the cells depleting too heavily they can still be dead out of the box if left around for too long. Don't open it or meddle with it - just arrange for it to be returned asap.

Thanks so much for your reply
I'll have to get it replaced under warranty ASAP. I definitely was not going to pull it apart or anything.
I'm grateful I have 2 batteries working! Thanks again
2019-4-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cameronharris Posted at 4-13 12:48
Thanks so much for your reply
I'll have to get it replaced under warranty ASAP. I definitely was not going to pull it apart or anything.
I'm grateful I have 2 batteries working! Thanks again

You're welcome.
FYI - batteries are covered by the warranty for 6 months or 200 charge cycles against manufacturer defects. Anything that does not work out of the box is classed as a DOA (dead on arrival) claim and is generally prioritised.
Enjoy the two other batteries but do get that third one returned asap
2019-4-13
Use props
Kas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1086276 ft
United Kingdom

cameronharris Posted at 4-13 12:46
Hi,
Thanks for your reply  
I Have already tried charging it on its own without the dock- still not luck. I'll have to get it replaced under warranty (as the comment above mentioned, storage for too long could be the reason for this)

You're welcome.
And again, what AJ wrote above. I couldn't have put it better!
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules