1030 11 2019-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220814 ft
Malta

Hi,
Is it ok to charge the batteries and use them a week later?
2019-4-13
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

the best practice is to fully charge them a few hours before the flight
2019-4-13
Use props
kykmavic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

However, no problem. You can use them as long as they are charged.
2019-4-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes you can still use them
2019-4-13
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

integer Posted at 4-13 01:35
the best practice is to fully charge them a few hours before the flight

is there a particular reason?
2019-4-13
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

thanks all for the feedback ... i asked because I like to keep one battery charged just in case I have some spare time to go out with the drone.
I charge the other 2 when I plan to go out with the drone beforehand (I rotate batteries)
2019-4-13
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a best practice because the batteries are not designed to be left fully charged for long periods of time. That will likely reduce the life of the batteries if you do that for an extended period of time.

In your case though, there really is no alternative since you want to have one battery ready at all times. I'd recommend you rotate the batteries so a different battery is sitting fully charged each week.
2019-4-13
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

hi all again ... another question regarding batteries. In case I would need to store batteries for lets say 1 month, is it safe to store it at 30%?
2019-6-9
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

To all the people saying that this is okay to actually charge a lipo battery and let it sit for a full week is not correct and is totally bad practice..... I do not recommend this at all because the longevity of your lipo is going to be significantly less also you're going to run the risk of getting swollen lipos or "puffy" lipos.... what's just as in a good scenario especially with the mavic 2 try putting a puffy lipo in the mavic 2 and see what happens you will get a disconnection and nothing will fall out of the sky this is just one scenario...... so if you want my advice and I have been dealing with all lipos including 12s and 14s stick packs for RC helicopters I mean big boys and bigger drones, don't be lazy when it comes to lipos! A week is too long to have them sit fully charged! so what I recommend is whenever you want to go out and fly charge them that day, and when you are done flying make sure they are at a storage charge or voltage which is around 3.85 volts per cell
2019-6-9
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don't know why DJI limits how many letters you can actually type on a message but anyway like I said don't they them fully charged the longevity you will get from not doing this will be way better than if you just leaving them fully charged or fully discharged.... when not using the Lipo like I said keep it around 40% and always be sure to check on these lipos they tend to lose a charge every week so if you don't check on them for about two months you could be down to 0% and lose the battery so check on them every few weeks and if you need to top it off to 40% do it..... I have gotten way over 200 Cycles on three of my lipos from my original mavic Pro so I think they like the care that I give them. Take my advice you won't regret it I come from an RC heli background and have lots of experience with lipos.... some of these comments make me cringe though
2019-6-9
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry duplicate....
2019-6-9
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mouthpiec Posted at 6-9 07:01
hi all again ... another question regarding batteries. In case I would need to store batteries for lets say 1 month, is it safe to store it at 30%?

Like I said for storing dji lipo batteries store them at around 40 to 45%..... do not leave them for a whole month if you are gone and cannot do it have someone u trust with some lipo knowledge check on them and top them back off if need be to 45%, just get them to two lights solid..... lipos tend to lose their charge after sitting for a long while otherwise you would come back to it and not be able to charge it because it would be past 0% and totally  flat
2019-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules