Sony A7riii + Field Monitor + DJI Ronin S + DJI Focus Not working
8469 17 2019-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redcanvas
New
United States

I have recently purchased a dji ronin s, which I was able to connect to and control my sony a7riii. This works great! However, when I connect my external monitor, smallHD 703, the screen turns black only on the external monitor making it unusable. When I unplug the MCC plug from the camera or turn off the ronin-s the video feed works on my external monitor.

I have played around with every permutation of HDMI settings within the sony camera, but am not able to find a working combination.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

2019-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi redcanvas, we apologize for the inconvenience caused, this is normal for Sony, it is due to Sony functional limitation. You may try with the MCC-Multi cable.
2019-4-19
Use props
mabdelfatah
New

Egypt

have you found a solution for that ? I have the same issue, thanks!
2019-5-3
Use props
fanse73d68ee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232881 ft
United States

I am in the same boat and have not found a solution. Any thoughts much appreciated!
2019-5-17
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello,

As Dji Mindy says above, this is part of sony functional limitation. But there's a way to solve this.
I'm using a Sony A7III so the settings shouldn't be that much of a difference with the A7RIII  
Before you follow the instruction below make sure that the monitor is not connected  to your Sony camera.

1. Press Menu button
2. Go to Setup ( Work case icon)
3. Find HDMI Settings
4. Turn off HDMI info. Display

You should be able to see the liveview through your monitor and camera. BUT you cannot see the menu on the monitor and only on your Sony camera.
I hope this helped.

Best regards,

XinRain
2019-5-17
Use props
Invademedia
New

France

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, my monitors turns black when i turn on the Ronin S.

I tried :

1. Press Menu button
3. Find HDMI Settings

I also tried turning off the REC AND TC on the HDMI setting menu.

AND i'm using the MCC-Multi cable.
But nothing ...

Please Help
2019-7-5
Use props
SungSmooth
lvl.1
United States

Try the MCC-C (type C) cable. I was told that the the type B one doesn't work for focus pulling so it may also effect the HDMI port.
2019-7-11
Use props
Alex Duong (morphalex)
New

United States

Anyone have a fix for this?  This is a huge issue especially for a fumble that’s made to do video recording
2019-11-4
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Alex Duong (morphalex) Posted at 11-4 21:07
Anyone have a fix for this?  This is a huge issue especially for a fumble that’s made to do video recording

It is not a DJI problem it is a Sony problem. The issue is with SONY and not DJI.
2019-11-5
Use props
hamilton.a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112510 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very frustrating!  I'd hoped XinRain 's fix would work but just like the other post says, it does not, I'm using a Besview 7" and now cannot control my brand new gimbal using follow focus AND use the monitor. I cant even turn on and off recording!
2020-7-8
Use props
hamilton.a
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

XinRain Posted at 2019-5-17 07:51
Hello,

As Dji Mindy says above, this is part of sony functional limitation. But there's a way to solve this.

XinRain,  I too am on a Sony A7riii. I have a Besview R7 connected via HDMI/MiniHDMI and am using MCC-C type cable to connect the camera to the gimbal but your suggestion didn't work for me. Would you please be able to clarify any other settings that might be needed? What monitor are you using please? If I have to return mine and buy one that works with your setup I will! Thousand thanks in advance.
2020-7-8
Use props
hamilton.a
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

May I ask if you tried the fix below and did it work? I'm about to return my Besview Monitor and purchase the SmallHD Focus 7...hoping thats the issue.
2020-7-8
Use props
LMBiz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10102 ft
  • >>>
United States

No update?!
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_kSfPwHyGZY0a
New
Spain

XinRain Posted at 2019-5-17 07:51
Hello,

Thanks for the advice! Your camera settings helped me a lot and the problem disappeared!
I have a setup camera Sony A 7SIII & DJI Ronin RS 3
2022-8-11
Use props
Seemo
lvl.1

France

djiuser_kSfPwHyGZY0a Posted at 8-11 20:49
Thanks for the advice! Your camera settings helped me a lot and the problem disappeared!
I have a setup camera Sony A 7SIII & DJI Ronin RS 3

Hi,

Happy to see it works for you!
Any chance you can share your resolution settings?

Thanks,
Seemo

2022-9-2
Use props
AdamMiltonBarker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296158 ft
United Kingdom

I also have this issue, this is crazy. A7iii, Feelworld F6 plus. No settings I have found fix the issue and I am only shooting in 1080. Anyone any other suggestions to get this working? Remove the multi lead and it all works fine.
2022-11-30
Use props
ADAS
lvl.1

Lithuania

Invademedia Posted at 2019-7-5 06:15
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, my monitors turns black when i turn on the Ronin S.

You have to use the RSS-IR cabel. It should be in the DJI Ronin S box.
2023-8-10
Use props
ADAS
lvl.1

Lithuania

What I did:

1. Press Menu button
3. Find HDMI Settings
5. IR Remonte Ctrl - On
6. Use RSS-IR cabel. It should be in the DJI Ronin S box