Simulator Installation Issues
10510 17 2019-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aaron.schmohe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49567 ft
United States

Has anybody had issues installing the simulator software? After installation, the software does not automatically load even though I have the box checked. Also, the shortcut icon can't find the exe file. Finally, I can't even find the exe file to run the program.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 11.38.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 11.38.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 11.39.12 AM.png
2019-4-13
Use props
FredAstra
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Exactly the same problem with me.  I installed the flight simulator last year and it took ages, problems with firewall/windows I think.  I tried to run the FS today but was invited (no choice) to upgrade to latest version.  And Now I have all the exact same problems you describe :-(

It is (was) a great piece of software with excellent simulations.

Please help DJI
2019-4-15
Use props
StephenTK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20233 ft
United States

FredAstra Posted at 4-15 12:49
Exactly the same problem with me.  I installed the flight simulator last year and it took ages, problems with firewall/windows I think.  I tried to run the FS today but was invited (no choice) to upgrade to latest version.  And Now I have all the exact same problems you describe :-(

It is (was) a great piece of software with excellent simulations.

When I try to run the program I get a file error warning
error: 005_000 {000/0114} Abort or Retry

Any clues to the error message?
2019-4-20
Use props
FredAstra
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Hi.  Sorry but I have never encountered this particular problem,  but I have seen others on this and other forums who have reported this same error.  Probably you get a different issue dependant on the anti virus prog you have ? I Use malware bytes and windows defender which results in the problems mentioned above by aaron.

I find it really frustrating, and unbelievable that a $10 billion dollar company (DJI) can't reproduce these problems we're having and either fix the cause of the 'False Positive' or communicate with the anti virus industry and sort it.   Or is it really a trojan in the software ? ? ?

DJI's software and hardware products are really outstanding, so please please please sort this DJI . . . .  

2019-4-21
Use props
DTFoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203671 ft
United Kingdom

Check to see if your antivirus program hasn't quarantined it. I have installed the latest version and my virus killer keeps saying it is infected with a virus and quarantines the file.
2019-4-26
Use props
DTFoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203671 ft
United Kingdom

Check to see if your antivirus program hasn't quarantined it. I have installed the latest version and my virus killer keeps saying it is infected with a virus and quarantines the file.
2019-4-26
Use props
psychodrone
New

Turkey

I'm having this problem. was there a solution?
Thanks
2019-4-30
Use props
aaron.schmohe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49567 ft
United States

I'll try to see if my virus protection is the issue.

Side note, I don't know why they can't also make a version for Macs. I'm having to run this on my VM.
2019-5-2
Use props
Cdov
lvl.1
United States

FredAstra Posted at 4-21 13:14
Hi.  Sorry but I have never encountered this particular problem,  but I have seen others on this and other forums who have reported this same error.  Probably you get a different issue dependant on the anti virus prog you have ? I Use malware bytes and windows defender which results in the problems mentioned above by aaron.

I find it really frustrating, and unbelievable that a $10 billion dollar company (DJI) can't reproduce these problems we're having and either fix the cause of the 'False Positive' or communicate with the anti virus industry and sort it.   Or is it really a trojan in the software ? ? ?

Possible ...
Tried to install it on an external drive after more than 10 failures and my computer froze with a blue screen telling me PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM AN NEED TO REBOOT, COLLECTING ERROR INFO WE'LL REBOOT FOR YOU ... progress 0% after 20 minutes rebooted manually SCARY
2019-5-19
Use props
Cdov
lvl.1
United States

HELP DJI. HELP
2019-5-19
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

I have not had any issues with installing the simulator. My issue was getting a activation code. I selected the free trial and not where to click to get started. So I uninstalled the program and just used my smart phone with the dji go app.
2019-7-29
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did anyone ever get anywhere with this? As we are all on lockdown I though I might get some hours in using their flight sim if its any good I might even pay! but it not much good if it wont even install!

The initial downloader installer works fin but when you fire it up it fails with the abort retry message! Ive rebooted just incase it was an update pending no errors from AV either, tried changing the install folders too and nothing!

Is there someone from DJI that might be able to help on this or is this strategic in which only people who have paid for the enterprise version can use it? If so just bin the trail version or why not offer a home user version that is only open for a few drones IE Mavic Air, Mavic2 and P3 or P4 Im sure we would probably pay

IT seems a software related issue that is out of out control!

P
2020-4-19
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schmooit Posted at 4-19 01:29
Did anyone ever get anywhere with this? As we are all on lockdown I though I might get some hours in using their flight sim if its any good I might even pay! but it not much good if it wont even install!

The initial downloader installer works fin but when you fire it up it fails with the abort retry message! Ive rebooted just incase it was an update pending no errors from AV either, tried changing the install folders too and nothing!

Just did some playing around on this (its the nerd in me) This is for Windows 10

so
Uninstalled and rebooted,
Downloaded a fresh installer
Create a new folder called DJI Flight Sim on a drive with plenty of space at least 100GB (the FAQs say 80GB but lets be honest that doesnt leave you much room!)https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#faq

Run the installer but this time I chose the installation place rather than defaulting, and used the folder i created above.
Once the installer had installed open up the program and login using you DJI login

In the bottom left you will see Install in big blue letters! but notice it seems to default to D:/DFS which I guess is in a config somewhere (I didnt look!) might just be the default location they used when they packaged the installer!
Change this to the folder location you created earlier and then click install (it will take a while as it has to download a load of stuff)
After it has installed the button on the bottom left will now say Start!
Current verison 1.4.0.0 (correct at the time this was written 19/04/20)

So it looks like the installer is trying to unpack the package into a location that doesnt exist it gets to the end and fails with the abort or retry issue I guess if you have space on D: you could create a folder called DFS and then as the path exists it might install ok, I just installed everything in the folder I created (initial installer included!)

Hope this helps now I might try some flying (have tried that part yet as I though I better write this up while its still fresh!)

Good luck

i think it would be a good idea if DJI did this flight sim with the option for Pro version that includes the Skills training part
2020-4-19
Use props
apuzer
lvl.2

United States

The above was a great tip. Once I modified location ( I just made it on the desktop) it loaded no problem. I was still getting the error 001-005 after loading Windows 10...until I did this.
2020-9-12
Use props
djiuser_awjppYazCA0H
lvl.1

India

I have been trying to install the DJI flight simulator on my PC (win 10, 64bit, 32gb RAM, 4 TB HDD, 1650 graphics card). The software installs, however, when i try to run the exe, i am asked to install DirectX (which i already have the latest version installed). When i proceed with installation of DirectX, i get the error "UE4 Prerequisites (x64) Setup Failed".

Any solution for this ? I tried all possible suggestions found on the internet, but i get the same error always.
2020-11-18
Use props
Keata
New

Canada

Hey guys, I have tried:
Modifying the install location,
Reinstalling it in a custom location
Dragging the install into another location rather then modifying
I tried restarting computer
All with no success.
I have a GTX 3090, 5950x AMD Win64 64gb

Not sure what to do here

This is the screen it comes to everytime.
DFS.jpg
2021-2-22
Use props
Tirmizee
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hi there,

Were you guys able ot get it working , if so how did you fix it ?
2021-8-30
Use props
djiuser_d1VBXXumfWp2
lvl.1

United States

I keep getting error, once its installed load screen pops up then ABORT RETRY error
2-15 10:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules