Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Panorama auto-generation suggestion
653 3 2019-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulS142
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I'm loving my Osmo Pocket and am frequently using it with the direct connection to my iPhone and also via the WiFi adaptor.

When shooting a panorama photo, after it's taken the images the OP automatically generates the full panorama image to display on the iPhone. However this can take some time, particularly with a 3x3 panorama. While this is generating it's not possible to do anything else. There should be a setting to disable the panorama from auto-generating so that you can take a quick panorama image and then maybe go on to shoot another image or video immediately. Or, at least have an option to cancel the auto-generation and go back to live view.

The captured panorama images are still available on the card for reviewing in playback mode.
2019-4-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Don't connect it to the phone when doing them. It's the phone slowing down the Osmo Pocket.
2019-4-13
Use props
PaulS142
lvl.1
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-13 16:16
Don't connect it to the phone when doing them. It's the phone slowing down the Osmo Pocket.

I understand that but sometimes that's not practical. For example, yesterday I had my OP set up on a tripod and I was controlling it via the WiFi module. I took a panorama and then needed to switch back to video. Because the OP was auto-generating the panorama via WiFi to my iPhone I was stuck and unable to do anything until it had finished. I couldn't even cancel the panorama auto-generation.

If there was a setting to disable the auto-generation I could have simply changed back to video and carried on as normal immediately. It should be a fairly easy software update.
2019-4-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

PaulS142 Posted at 4-13 22:01
I understand that but sometimes that's not practical. For example, yesterday I had my OP set up on a tripod and I was controlling it via the WiFi module. I took a panorama and then needed to switch back to video. Because the OP was auto-generating the panorama via WiFi to my iPhone I was stuck and unable to do anything until it had finished. I couldn't even cancel the panorama auto-generation.

If there was a setting to disable the auto-generation I could have simply changed back to video and carried on as normal immediately. It should be a fairly easy software update.

It may not need a firmware update but an update to the Mimo app instead. Trying to find a fix for this problem I had a good look at the Mimo app settings and found at present you can't turn this off although I did find a setting to turn the DJI logo off of finished edited videos using the Mimo app.
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules