Weird sound/clicking noise with the Osmo Pocket
4220 6 2019-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SipoMaj
lvl.1
France

Hello!

I just received my Osmo Pocket today, and first i wanted to say that im pretty happy with it, this is an awesome tool!! Im pretty imrpessed of what it can do and fit exactly my needs! Thanks Dji.

However, i have noticed something weird : no matter if the camera is  turned on or off, when the objective is moving from up to down (or the  opposite), i can hear a small clicking noise each time the objective is crossing the horizon line, as if a grain of sand or  something like that was stuck in the objective.. I havent noticed any mehanical issue with the camera, everything seems to work fine.

I saw this post on reddit where someone seem to have the same problem as me (but only when turned on, maybe hedidnt noticed it when turning off), but it didnt get further https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/a7avwe/dji_osmo_pocket_weird_sound_when_turning_on/

Can someone tell me if this sound is normal? or should i send it back to the store for a replacement just to be safe?

Thanks!

2019-4-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The Gimbal movement when switching on is normal producing clicks, but not at other times.
2019-4-14
Use props
SipoMaj
lvl.1
France

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-14 03:58
The Gimbal movement when switching on is normal producing clicks, but not at other times.

Yes, but this is not only when switching on, also when filming, like i said, if the objective cross the horizon line, i can hear a small click as if something whan moving inside the objective.. i can hear it too when the osmo pocket is turned off
2019-4-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

SipoMaj Posted at 4-14 04:03
Yes, but this is not only when switching on, also when filming, like i said, if the objective cross the horizon line, i can hear a small click as if something whan moving inside the objective.. i can hear it too when the osmo pocket is turned off

I would say that is not normal. Try going to the support section at the bottom of this page and make an inquiry.
2019-4-14
Use props
SipoMaj
lvl.1
France

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-14 04:18
I would say that is not normal. Try going to the support section at the bottom of this page and make an inquiry.

Alright thanks for you advice, i will do that!
2019-4-14
Use props
cgbrian.com
lvl.3
United States

Ive posted about this before.. here is my response and solution.
I also experienced this with the first 3 OP (yes three) units I exchanged.. all had a super subtle.. probably have to be OCD to notice - click during the pitch axis rotation.. If you sat with it off in a quiet area and manually rotated it it would click around just above level.. exchange and second one clicked in 2 spots.. I was like nooooo it's worse! exchanged it AGAIN.. and clicked just below level.. I actually found that lightly squeezing the hinge points while rotating it manually (off).. cleared it up.. I'm assuming (from hand building about 25 gimbals personally).. its sloppy assembly and wire management around the BL motors.. I personally assembled some of my own gimbals and learned how to run and literally twist wires so once assembled there was a literal zero "binding".. some of the wires have tiny little white paper tags on them and if you don't place them just right the tags could even help make a tiny clicking sound.
2019-4-28
Use props
cgbrian.com
lvl.3
United States

Just to clarify a little further.. the clicking was rather faint.. but it was there.. and it was there on all 3 units.. and all three units were around the horizon line.. you will see when you squeeze the hinge points lightly and rotate it the click will change a little.. go back and forth a few times with varying amounts of pressure.. obviously don't squeeze it so hard you manage to actually bend the hinge to where the gimbal wont work anymore.. all you are doing is applying a little pressure and rotating it over the point to help it push whats binding out of the rotation.. Give it a shot and let me know.. like I said.. 3 out of 3 units did this.. Took it upon myself to attempt to correct the third one as I realized none were going to be perfect..
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules